I am pi***d !!!

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ya'll know I roam the Ebay in search for collectibles. The other day I found a Yashica TLR with the very rare Lumaxar lens on. Sooo... I want it! But the guy doesn't give away any shipping prices and info so I e-mail asking how much to Phoenix, AZ. Immediately after he replies I get back on Ebay to see that the camera was 'snatched' by someone else. It had a Buy It Now feature.

I feel so dumb!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!

That'll teach me a lesson, 'shoot and then ask'...:lol:

sorry to hear you missed out on that deal mitica...made me think of this camera but more interestingly the accompanying lens which I just saw on ebay today for like $1800 or something:

Canon 7 with Canon 50mm f.95!! fastest lens ever made...:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: must be some sweet bokeh with that puppy

Canon7faceupA.jpg

found a site where a guy converted the bayonet mount on the canon lens so he could mount it to his Leica M3....sweet.

hmmm...did a bit of research and found a faster lens: Rodenstock TV-Heligon 0.75 50mm
still want the canon :mrgreen:

Oy Vey!... That's a beauty for sure! Imagine the price's going to go for? Can't touch it though. :meh:

Mitica100 said:
Ya'll know I roam the Ebay in search for collectibles. The other day I found a Yashica TLR with the very rare Lumaxar lens on. Sooo... I want it! But the guy doesn't give away any shipping prices and info so I e-mail asking how much to Phoenix, AZ. Immediately after he replies I get back on Ebay to see that the camera was 'snatched' by someone else. It had a Buy It Now feature.

I feel so dumb!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!

That'll teach me a lesson, 'shoot and then ask'...:lol:

smart to be cautious though. you could have been milked with shipping.

Just so you don't feel bad. I have a very rare Nikon F-100 I will sell you for only $50 and shipping to AZ. would only be $500!

Want to hear my ebay story? I just purchased what I thought was a studio view camera for $27. Guy was not willing to ship it due to the weight and wanting local pick-up. I live in Puyallup, camera was in Vancouver, Wa., only 2 1/2 hours away. Drove down with a buddy yesterday to pick it up, waiked in a lo and behold it was not a studio view but a 1920's era copy view camera on a metal track that was 14 feet long and weighed about 2 tons. Took 3 1/2 hours to take apart, left the track due to it's size, and ended up with a view camera that is about 4 foot x 3 foot with a bellows about 6 feet long. Has a good lens and the bellows is in good shape but not what I expected. Lots of cherry wood, about 300 pounds of it.

I'm happy with it but my back is not. My wife isn't real thrilled either.

nice, i have a freind who acidenly baoght a car on ebay with out being sighned on, and hey i bet the camera was not what you thought, and also those are some fast lenses wow

terri said:
I'm sorry, Mitica. :hug::

I know you hate losing on ebay. :sexywink:

I didn't really lose it, I dumbed out! :lol:

.. that's really nice camera and lens - and that russian thing too :)

JonK said:
sorry to hear you missed out on that deal mitica...made me think of this camera but more interestingly the accompanying lens which I just saw on ebay today for like $1800 or something:

Canon 7 with Canon 50mm f.95!! fastest lens ever made...:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: must be some sweet bokeh with that puppy

Canon7faceupA.jpg

found a site where a guy converted the bayonet mount on the canon lens so he could mount it to his Leica M3....sweet.

hmmm...did a bit of research and found a faster lens: Rodenstock TV-Heligon 0.75 50mm
still want the canon :mrgreen:

you bastard mitica... hehehehehe *jks* after you told me about that camera I was gonna try and buy it... but I accidentally missed the auction end time :-(

Fredcwdoc,
I almost bid on that thing. Just a well, eh?:lol:

If anyone is interested, there's a local camera shop here that has that Canon 50mm f0.95 Range finder lens for sale. It is impressive seeing it in person. Its several times the cost of the rangefinder body.

Well, it's up for sale again... I put a bid on it.

Most reactions

Back