I am so totally at the wrong place.....

The response I got first was something to the effect of "call me lazy, but I don't want to click on all of the little photos". My first thought was "How much less of an effort can you use to click on a thumbnail?"

Ahh, that would have been me. I prefer not to go to photo links. Call me Paranoid instead of lazy. It's too easy to post accepted sizes of the images within the thread.

Ahh, that would have been me. I prefer not to go to photo links. Call me Paranoid instead of lazy. It's too easy to post accepted sizes of the images within the thread.

That wasn't a disrespect thing. Yes, I was referring to your post but I'll PM you. I value your opinions just as much as the next person and I respect you for that. We just differ on this. And for the record, the photo link is to the TPF attachment section. I can not "insert image" without a url. I used the attachments sections url of the image I had to upload to this site.

I like you dude! I hope it's mutual. =o)

I guess that it depends on why you are here. I post some of my pictures here mainly out of curiosity, not expecting much response and certainly not expecting praise. Anything I get is usually interesting, and often revealing. I don't comment on other people's work as much as I should: by and large I feel like a fish out of water aesthetically speaking. As long as I believe that I'm doing the right thing, or close to it, with my contributions I don't mind if there's an absence of response here.

Best,
Helen

Im with ya on that Cindy. :hug:: I have realized that Tpf is no longer the forum I was once proud to be part of. It is a much younger know it all crowd. I found it easier to just stop posting...havent had a headache in over a week. :lmao::lmao:. I have found much nicer places to share my images, with less attitude. :thumbup:

could you share some of those places so the good members can find them? I never really get a lot of posts on my photos either, but i just sort of learned to deal with it i guess.
I'm not a pro so i dont expect people telling me "oh my god thats SO good!" in fact, i dont think i've EVER gotten a comment like that, even on the shots i'm most proud of. But i dont really expect it either, so i never get let down

Truthfully at my level I'd rather hear "this is where you went wrong and this is something that might work better" than "Oh god that's great" although what I'd really like to hear is "This is what doesn't work this is how to fix it but I really like blank about your photo". If I'm not going to get it here and I know I'm not going to get it on flickr where DO I go to get it?

Hmmm.... well guys i think you have to look at the bigger picture.

The internet is forever changing.... 2-3 years ago myspace and facebook wern't as big as they are now... nor were many other sites. The 'language' of the internet gets carried from place to place.... site to site... as do the behaviour patterns and humor.
Im sure that in the near future it will be a case of just avoiding people you dont like and getting on with the ones you do (as that should be the case now). As this site grows there is nothing to stop that.... we cant go around banning people because of their youthful outlook or thier technical naivety.

As for your new images elsaspet, im not really seeing the reason for this thread. I have even seen you explain to a noob yourself that sometimes it takes a while to get a response and to be patient, sometimes you may not get responses. Just because you spent however long on these doesnt mean its any more important than a noobs images that they have spent a long time trying to process. Why should you be treated any different? Or am i missing something?

Without having read any of the replies (not one), all I can say is: shake hands on that, Cindy. Not that I would spend as much time on the single photos I take as you do, but the response to my own threads is also poor. And you will still see some about who claim that your "post-count" makes you important. Ha!

End of story is: nothing makes you "more" or "less" or whatever - some photos get THE RESPONSE, no matter their quality (and I can do WITHOUT the "Whoa, cool pic!" responses, believe me, I would much rather want to TALK about my photos with people, but if they don't want to really TALK to me, I cannot help them), some PERSONS on here get THE RESPONSE, and others ... just don't.

Remedy?
Just keep posting, don't let it bring you down.

Cindy,

Now that I have looked at your other work I am a little surprised at your original post. Your work does get plenty of comment, and it doesn't appear to be at all out of place on TPF. It's fairly conventional and popular, isn't it? (Nothing wrong with that, of course)

Best,
Helen

Elsaspet, your work is amongst the most popular on the forum.

also, Personally i think it's irrelevant how long some one has spent working on a photo

A previous poster said "I want the feed back of the more experienced people." I am not an experienced photog, and certainly have no feedback to offer you. Many members have stated that they hate the 'OMG, what an amazing pic' type of response (I'm not saying you are one who has said so, but I can't exactly remember which members are in which camp on that issue). So sometimes it may be a matter of your skill intimidating the cr@p out of a lot of us, and it makes us reluctant to comment on your pics if we have nothing more constructive to say than 'OMG, that's beautiful'.

well, ok, what i'm saying is that every once in a while, it would nice to see that "oh my god its so great" comment, but i , just like everyone else ,do like to see constructive criticism on my shots though. If your photos are good though, maybe people feel like you're showing off or something and dont feel the need to comment since all they could say was "oh, thats a good shot" if there arent any issues with it. Plus a lot of members are less experienced than you elsapet , so they might not feel like you'd really want comments from an amature

response to images is random... you get a lot of comments when you post at the right time, when the right people are online, and in the right mood.

actually, i was about to comment in some of your threads, but then realised that my mood at the moment is way too bad to give any nice comment at all, so i decided not to be that unfair and just leave the images alone.

i posted images which hardly got any comments either... this happens.

Yeah ... your photo threads get a lot more responses than mine (I posted a rose series that I spent hours on and I was asking for comments and critiques because it was a new technique I was trying ... I got 4 responses out of a few hundred views and they were about 5 words long each). So - and now I realize I'm sounding self-righteous - you need to take this in perspective. Some of us spend just as long as you and get less of a response.

As for why I personally rarely respond to photograph posts, it's usually because of one of two reasons: (1) I like it but adding one more "I like it" line to 20 other "I like it" comments seems redundant, or (2) I don't like it, it looks pretty ugly from my point of view with bad lighting, composition, processing, etc., and I don't want to be so negative to someone so I just don't post.

With your recent "Snow White," "Aphrodite," (and I can't remember the other one or two), I really liked them, but other than a, "I really like it, how did you do that?" post, I didn't think I had anything constructive to say and so didn't leave a comment since that was already covered by other people who posted. Oh, and I did think that one was a little over-exposed, but it seemed like you had spent a lot of time on it and would get angry with such a trite remark, so I didn't make it.

i agree those who are pro do not appreciate a negative comment therefore i have give up saying what i really think.

the fact that you take hours on one phot is really neither here or there to me

Most reactions

Back