I am trying to become professional photographer

Buy a D800 and your about half way. Buy a 70-200 2.8 lens and your are all the way there. Now start up a Facebook page and advertise your services. Charge top dollar and WALA professional photographer over night.
That about covers it all.:thumbup:

you might just have to admit you suck at it and go get a job. I admit I suck at it. Doesn't mean you still cant shoot pics.

I only read the first page. You guys are mean. D7000 is fine. Just pair it with a nice lens and you are set. Maybe not weddings. You can do portrait sessions no problem.

I just want to add Ansel Adams used a Hasselblad.

:mrgreen: Stir the pot a little more...

BTW, I know a professional photographer/videographer who primarily uses a Canon 7D, which is roughly equivalent to a D7x00. He's pretty good too. I also know some moron who barely knows how to use a zoom ring. In fact, I'm not entirely sure he does know how to use a zoom ring. He uses a 1D with all L lenses. We all know equipment makes you better. Look at the exalted status I've achieved since purchasing a Hasselblad of my own. Now I am worshipped and being considered for Great Dear Leader of Photo Forum to Take Over Capitalist Scum or something like that. But in this guy's case, it didn't do much of anything for him. Wonder why that is... :wink:

SARCASM, people. SARCASM.

Last edited:
I haven't read every post, but if thats you in the avatar, have you though about making a living being on the other side of the camera & photography a hobby??? just saying.
For the record I've had images published in books & magazines using my Rebel XT ! (8mp)

ok guys!

I think it's the time for me to say something completely honestly here.

If her avatar wasn't like that, this thread would be gone before it even started!

Automatically bad advice so you are saying when you decide to become a photographer first thing you did its you drop 10 k for equipment ? Do y realize that i know at least 3 famous photographers taking pict only using camera no extra equipment or even flash ? One of them saith extra equipment is not letting you to catch a lot of moments sins you more concern about carrying stuff or do not loose them Anyone can make great pict with 10k studio you try to create something with what you have and than you can move forward buying expensive camera
In business, you need to be able to communicate with clients and potential clients, in a coherent, and professional manner. You are based in an English-speaking market, so I suggest you take classes in business English in order to be able to converse naturally with your target market.

i didnt mean by that i dont need your opinion its very important for me, but i dont think that i dont have a chance in photography if i am not gonna spend 10k right away. doesn't sounds right to me. i like to studying photographs that other people are taking and it was a tvshow i dont remember the name of it and i don't remember name of this photographer but i will pull it up and post link for you :) i just was amassed she is only carrying camera with her and her pict are so alive. I only have d7000 no lenses no flash yet :( that is one more question what kind of flash can i buy for this camera not expensive please what else do i need for first time ? honesty i got camera 1 year ago and i start watching tutorials and read about photography and practicing 3-4 month ago , and now i have a feeling that i am missing a lot. i you have some links for tutorials books that helped you to get a better quality of your pict somehing that helped you at my level i will be apreciate .
So now I know this is definitely trolling!

According to the OP's profile:
NatalieValerie was last logged into TPF: Mar 23, 2014
Pretty close to 2 years ago.

What is the sound of one hand clapping?

Tanks I appreciate :)well thing is I don't have even flash and I am taking pict mostly outside I am picturing all my friends and some neighbors see it's just for practice . I still can't figure it do I actually need use flash outside and I don't know much about light shadows my pict are either overexposed or my models have a lot of shadows on themes faces may be you can send me links where I can learn more about light.
Can't understand why nobody else sees this for the troll it is?

Two year old thread - it doesn't really matter.

Most reactions

Back