I broke my head.

Big Wallaby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few weeks ago, I was walking around the Magic Kingdom with some friends taking various pictures, decided I didn't want to carry my tripod around anymore, so I rented a locker and put it in there, taking my camera with me. At the end of the night, I went to get my tripod, and when I pulled it out, the head caught on the door. Now, it won't lock on two axes, and I have no idea how much it's going to cost me to get it fixed. The head is the Manfrotto 322RC2. Anyone know anything about them? Maybe it's an easy fix?

I know it's out of warranty. I'm hoping the answer's not going to come back that I have to get a new one.

Bumping this, just to see if anyone has advice. If not, then it looks like it might have come down in price from that for which I bought it.

I am not sure how anyone is going to tell you how to fix it if they don't know what us wrong with it. Seriously though, as far as tripods go something like that is probably not going to be able to be fixed and if it is it will probably be cost prohibitive.

Behind the back side of the handle is an inset hex screw. That is the ball tension adjustment. Tighten it a touch and see if that helps.

I'll give that a try, thanks! If not, then I guess I will probably need a new one. Oh, well, looks like they've come down in price since I got my old one.

I just know that now that I have a side pistol grip head, I can't see myself very well going back to a more traditional style head...

Most reactions

Back