I can be super nerdy. (What don't people expect about you?)

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm bored and tired, and in an attempt to try and wake myself up here, I thought I'd start a fun off-topic discussion.

A lot of times people have something about them that often catches others by surprise when they really get to know them.

For me... it's the fact that most people underestimate my level of nerdiness.

I dunno what it is that people initially think about me, but when I tell people that I play video games and other stuff like that they don't realize to what level I end up getting into things. They think it's just a passing hobby (and now-a-days it kind of is, more often than not, now that I'm busy with photography, but I used to be way more hardcore about it).

Recently some friends of mine got me into Hearthstone, for example (Does anyone play? :lol: ). I've never played WoW, but I kept seeing them play this game and I got curious, so I went home one day, whilst I was super hungover and knew I wasn't going to be productive anyway, and downloaded it and got hooked.

I played it quietly for a while, because even though THEY played it, for some reason I thought they'd... I dunno, think I was weird for also wanting to play, haha. But I brought it up a few weeks later with one of them, and he helped me build a better deck, and he's got me into all this streaming and e-sports sh*t now, haha, and I am now outwardly obsessed with this game.

So...

What is something that most people don't know about you and find surprising and unexpected once you let them in on your little secret? :lol: :allteeth:

On weekends I dress up as a lady. Just kidding. I don't think I anything surprising about myself. Damn I'm boring!

I'm a vegetarian.

I'm not vocal about it, and I'll be more than happy to cook my wife meat.

And, well, I'm not that skinny, so people are usually surprised that I don't eat meat. Because, you know, vegetarians are skinny. And meat eaters are husky.

I'm starting to get the moobs for it. I'm off to Victoria Secret to get a cup size measured in the morning then!

I'm a vegetarian.

And, well, I'm not that skinny, so people are usually surprised that I don't eat meat. Because, you know, vegetarians are skinny. And meat eaters are husky.

I dated my husband for a year, and ate meals frequently at his house, where he still lived with his parents, before I realized his mother was a vegetarian, haha.

She used to cook meat ALL THE TIME for her husband and son, and I NEVER picked up on the fact that she never ate any of it.

I found out, because my parents were throwing a dinner for his parents the day they were supposed to meet, and as I was discussing it with Keith, he mentioned, "Make sure you have some vegetarian stuff for Mom." I was so confused, and I asked him what he was talking about, and when he pointed out his mother was a vegetarian, I asked, "Since when?", and his response was a very point blank, "Since always. Since I was a kid. Did you not know?" :lol:

I don't know how I missed it, haha.

Like seriously... his mother makes the best chicken I've ever had in my life... and she doesn't eat it! :lol:

I'm a vegetarian.

I dated my husband for a year, and ate meals frequently at his house, where he still lived with his parents, before I realized his mother was a vegetarian, haha.

She used to cook meat ALL THE TIME for her husband and son, and I NEVER picked up on the fact that she never ate any of it.

I found out, because my parents were throwing a dinner for his parents the day they were supposed to meet, and as I was discussing it with Keith, he mentioned, "Make sure you have some vegetarian stuff for Mom." I was so confused, and I asked him what he was talking about, and when he pointed out his mother was a vegetarian, I asked, "Since when?", and his response was a very point blank, "Since always. Since I was a kid. Did you not know?" :lol:

I don't know how I missed it, haha.
Ha, that's awesome.

My entire family is vegetarian, except for my wife, her family, and one brother-in-law.

I'm lucky, though. My wife's family is half Ecuadorian and half Palestinian. Read: usually meat at EVERY meal. They even asked if I ate lamb, chicken, or fish.

They essentially took my vegetarianism as a challenge when cooking, and now there's a surplus of meat free dishes. They'll even make two separate dishes, one meat and one vegetarian. Same quantity. Haha

I'm a hat guy but, so that I don't embarrass my wife I almost never wear hats unless it's a ball cap.
I have several fedoras, three cowboy hats, a couple of hook er' dunes'(don't actually know their real names). Lol! Also I like dressing like I'm straight out of the thirties. Always been into that era. Three piece suits are the bomb! Lol!

I'm a hat guy but, so that I don't embarrass my wife I almost never wear hats unless it's a ball cap.
I have several fedoras, three cowboy hats, a couple of hook er' dunes'(don't actually know their real names). Lol! Also I like dressing like I'm straight out of the thirties. Always been into that era. Three piece suits are the bomb! Lol!

That's kind of awesome, though. Haha.

Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong era.

Nah, you just gotta rock out what you feel like. Screw current trends. Haha.

Yeah see I don't really care what people think but, I don't want to embarrass my wife when we go out so I tend to abide by her wishes. I don't blame her. I've just never been one to follow the social norms. I like my own style. I found the actual name of the (hook er dune) it's a flat cap. I also like my Panama hats. And love my Dr martin wingtip shoes.

I'm actually pretty nice.

That's just a bold-faced lie. :sexywink: :lol:

Yeah see I don't really care what people think but, I don't want to embarrass my wife when we go out so I tend to abide by her wishes. I don't blame her. I've just never been one to follow the social norms. I like my own style. I found the actual name of the (hook er dune) it's a flat cap. I also like my Panama hats. And love my Dr martin wingtip shoes.

Ah, see... my husband wears whatever the hell he wants. Even if I beg him not to. He still does. Sometimes I wish he was more like you. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back