I can haz job now???

If I can add something to your idea, don't get too married to the idea of portraits. I can't offer much advice on the technical aspect of photography, but as a dog owner I'd appreciate some professional-quality shots of my family playing with the dog. My advice? Offer to also go somewhere on location and get shots of the family and dog in their natural habitat as well as your studio shots.

Good call, and absolutely part of the plan... to a point. I'm still goint to try and keep my involvement with people in the pictures to a minimum, but pics of the dogs outdoors at play is a must. I do agree that studio portraits only would be a very limited scope. That said, having a complete, portable studio gives me an advantage to other folks in the area that are performing the same service.

Thanks for your input!

Business registered with state?

Check.

Domain name registered?

Check.

Mind completely lost?

Check.

ahem....*cough cough*

Liability and Equipment Insurance? :aufsmaul:

I have about 6 dogs lined up to help out with building a portfolio, and have decided on the lab I'm going to use for prints... Walgreens is OK, right?? (I keed I keeeeed). Before my first shutter actuation I will have liability insurance and all the necessary filings and paperwork with the city/county/state. (It's nice having a MIL that specializes in entrepreneurial business finance)

I can haz profeshunal now??

Don't get me wrong. I still don't plan on charging (yet) but even if I'm not charging, and someone gets hurt on my property during a shoot, I want my ass covered as much as possible. If that means shelling out for insurance and getting all the necessary "business" paperwork in order, that's what it means.

:bek181:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back