I can haz M4/3 now?

One caution, Panny corrects it's lenses for CA in body but a Pany lens on Oly body is not corrected. The must have Pany 14/2.5 is bad for purple fringing but this can be managed by using a skylight 1B filter.

I guess I am going to have to start looking online for used oly and panny lenses.
It's very cool to have so many lens options for the epl5.

From what I understand, the whole 4/3 lens lineup (sans image-stabilized Panasonic, I think) can be adapted to work on these too. Very nice!

If there is an IS on/off switch you simply turn it off. If none exists the camera will turn it off and in both cases the in body sensor shift IS will function just fine.

Congratulations... Great kit to dabble into the system. The best stuff in micro 43 IMO is in the primes and selection of camera bodies.

YES!

The primes (some of which are TINY) are outstanding. Especially the 20mm f1.7, 45mm f1.8, and 75mm f1.8! Plus Olympus has just come out with a 25mm f1.8 (I have the Pan/Leica 25mm f1.4 but both should be superb).

The Olympus and Panasonic lens lineup beats anything the other guys have and it all fits and works on all Panasonic and Olympus bodies!

And definitely get either the VF2 or VF4 external viewfinders. The lower cost VF2 is an amazing performer, I had one.

What's the difference between the oly 40-150 f4-5.6 and the 40-150 f3.5-4.5 besides the aperture differences?
Which one is better for the E-PL5?

What's the difference between the oly 40-150 f4-5.6 and the 40-150 f3.5-4.5 besides the aperture differences?
Which one is better for the E-PL5?

I believe the 40-150 f/3.5-4.5 is a standard 4/3rds mount. The 40-150 f/4-5.6 came in both standard and MICRO 4/3rds mount. What you want is a the micro 4/3rds mount version. The standard 4/3rds mount is usable on a micro 4/3rds camera but you need an adapter. As Ron said, look for "M Zuiko" markings.

Most reactions

Back