I cannot find a dedicated Minolta section on the forum.

TheSnapperRooster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi to you all out there. I have recently acquired a very clean and seemingly little used Minolta Dynax 505si complete with user manual and filters etc.

I could do with resolving a couple of puzzles with the menu options.

Where is the best place on the forum to post my queries ?

Sony bought Konica Minolta's camera business back in 2006 - so use the Sony forum - that's effectively now the Minolta forum too.

Hi KmH. Thank you. I did not think of looking at the Sony section of the forum albeit I knew of the tie-up.
I will post my queries shortly.

i actually wonder if konica minolta should have its own forum. The sony buy out is a entire different line of camera and time frame. where as the konica/minolta before and after the merge spanned decades of produced cameras.

i actually wonder if konica minolta should have its own forum. The sony buy out is a entire different line of camera and time frame. where as the konica/minolta before and after the merge spanned decades of produced cameras.

We have too many sub sections. Honestly at this point Minolta should be in the collectors corner.

There are only about 25 Minolta owners left in the world (including me), so there's just not a big demand.

Why not rename the Sony forum as Sony / Minolta / Konica?

As mentioned, the place is bloated with forums as it is.

Many never scroll down below the Photography Equipment and Products forum to see there are forums for specific camera brands and sub-forums for lenses and accessories used by each of those brands.

Hi again to you all. Not intentionally high-jacking my own thread BUT I suppose the same could be said for Yashica products - both before and after Kyocera bought into the camera world and then pulled the plug.
My Avatar shows my trusty and much love Yashica 230AF with a Yashica AF 70-210 (bought new in 1988). I have since added another absolutely mint 230AF body and a 75-300 macro to it.

i don't really need the nikon forum as much. I have more konicas than nikons. Can we trade the nikon forum for a konica/minolta forum? They don't really need a nikon forum either all their cameras came with instruction manuals. They should be all set. Or maybe get rid of the canon forum, they think they know everything anyway, why would they need a forum? I am purposely leaving the pentax people out of this. I have a special place in my heart for pentax shooters.. As the underdog they have been kicked enough over the years anyway.

Hi bribrius and to you all. bribius - you may well not need a Nikon Forum but what about consideration for others and especially the newer members - that the forum has a better chance of retaining if there is one as a part of the main forum.
Just because a camera comes with a manual when new does not mean that the it is available when being sold as a Pre-owned item.
Again,just because a member has a Canon or any other camera for that matter - does not mean that they know everything. I have had Canon in the past,indeed a Canon FTb with a 1.4 and I certainly did not know everything.
As for leaving "The Pentax People" out of this, ( Why ? ) they have had their share of camera issues and worked through them or trashed them or even stuck them on E'bay and found an unsuspecting mug to off-load it onto.

Having recently purchased an MZ-7 with a Pentax 28-80 that was otherwise clean,tidy and no visible damage - I suffer Mirror Lock-up and or a software issue during a test roll of film.
I later find out that Pentax had cheapened the products by using Plastic components instead of the brass that was so tried,trusted and dependable and relatively easy replaceable. Oh by the way it also allegedly was done to make the cameras lighter - by a few grams !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When they fail prematurely the poor unsuspecting punters then have two choices - pay silly money to repair it,if you can find a repairer that can source or has the parts - or BIN IT.

Most reactions

Back