I can't find my website!

Rhys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a website - www.sagephotoworld.com which is actually a redirected domain name that points at a page on my main site. I have on the domain redirection service, meta tags that describe the site and so on but when I search, I can't find the site. Onthe site itself I have meta tags describing it but still can't find it via google despite the fact googe lists it.

Any suggestions?

That's weird I just googled it and it is the first thing that came up. But if you put in sage photo world with spaces it disappears. Do you have it i the metadata with all different variations of spaces in the words?

On the Domain redirection site I have the meta tags as:
photography, photographer, columbia, south carolina, commercial, wedding, family, business, legal, occasional, event, photo, photos, servicemen, conflicts, abroad, bar, style, flair, church, limosene

I have the site description as:
Photography for all occasions in Columbia South Carolina. Licensed, insured photographer specializing in commercial, wedding, family, event, business, social and legal photography.

add into that your name, website name in many different ways. ie: sagephoto world, sage photo world, sagephotoworld, sage photography world. Also possibly add your contact number, address (If you have a studio). I have had clients find me by googling my phone number more than once.

Trouble is with 123-reg I can only put 200 characters as a meta tag

Rhys,

Meta tags do not update within minutes of you putting them on there. It can take weeks, even months before your site will show up on Google.

The key to this is to get a lot of unique hits on your website. The more hits you get, the more likely it'll rise in Google's ranks.

Have you submitted your link to Google? Doing this will make the process a little faster. http://www.google.com/addurl/

Hope this helps.

1) Don't use frames

2) Why are you redirecting?

3) Meta tags don't do anything for search rankings, especially not if they're on the redirecting page.

It's been years since Google was pinned to the DMOZ. Having a link in DMOZ can help improve Google's perception of the trustworthiness of your site but it is by no means necessary in any way. I've made top 5 placements worldwide on Google and Yahoo and none of those sites have ever been in the DMOZ.

I know you guys are trying to help but every thread in this post (save mine) is complete misinformation.

dmoz worked for me and it will work for him... just try it. it's free anyways and it can only help

It doesn't hurt to submit to DMOZ, but that doesn't mean it's going to "help." At least not nearly as much as you think. Google cares much more about content, relevancy, and links than a DMOZ listing. DMOZ is largely a thing of the past.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back