I can't stop buying while studying

Yup, $32 would be sweet! After 13 years of working after getting my degree, I'm at $20. Can't go back and start over again at this point as starting salaries around my neck of the woods run about $12 per hour. Unless you have an Engineering degree. That is the only way to make a decent livable wage around me. If you don't have an Engineering degree, you're pretty much screwed.

I would put money on the fact that you are my neighbor, hehehe. 20 miles exactly to work, all up and down very large hills so even if I could manage to ride a bike that far, the hills would kill me. Though I'd probably be killed by the 70-80 mph traffic in the dark at 4 am before I reached the first hill. I'm smack in the middle of 4 Walmarts, all 30-35 miles away. But I do have a gas station local to me. Too bad it's full serve and a gallon of gas is about $0.20-0.30 more than anywhere else. Thus, I fill up while in town after work.

I don't care if there was a McDonald's right in my back yard, you'd never catch me eating that garbage, hehe :D

I have three jobs...it's about 20 miles one way to one job (which also, consequently, is my school), 25 miles one way to the second job, and 50 miles one way to the third.

I honestly don't care about the driving TIME.

It just costs me a buttload of money in gas.

I have three jobs...it's about 20 miles one way to one job (which also, consequently, is my school), 25 miles one way to the second job, and 50 miles one way to the third.

I honestly don't care about the driving TIME.

It just costs me a buttload of money in gas.

35 miles one way to my job, 5 days a week. I figured out 20% of my paycheck gets spent on commute... :(

The price doesn't really upset me (it sucks, but oh well), but the time does. Sometimes, I'm 30 minutes into my trip, with 15 to go, and there's a car doing about 30 in front of me and I just wanna SNAP!!! Then I quickly get over it (my road rage is fleeting, it lasts about 5 seconds, and then I find my happy place). But yeah, I figured out I spend 7 and a half hours on commuting each week. After a while, you just wanna be at home.

Well, so how has the newest purchase helped your glandular fever? Seems like you are on the mend, aren't you? I hope so!
Next to my husband's glandular fever, I heard that Britta, the TPF-crowd's landlady over here, had the same, and now I hear my Hamburg-friend's new boy-friend (man-friend really at our age) has it. What is this thing about that kind of fever all of a sudden and all over the world?

And I cannot go buy myself any photographic equipment at all! And I've begged and pleaded I get a bike for almost 2 years now. Do I get a bike? No.

But we pay over €1.50/litre of petrol for two cars. One of which covers more than 600kms per week every week. What can be done?

wow, you pay $6 a gallon!? how do you afford it? Do you drive the autobahn very much?

Right now in the US I pay $4.05 a gallon. Which cost me $52 to fill my tank. I remember like 4 or 5 years ago it only cost me $25 to fill my tank.

To fill up costs me $130 yesterday! (EUR 80 that is). I checked, and it is $2.40/L. This makes it $11.5 a gallon for the type of gas I prefer. You can go a bit lower if you don't take the most expensive stuff, but you will always remain in the $10 region.

I drive on the Autobahn, and I usually drive quite fast making my car an expensive petrol gulping monster.

To fill up costs me $130 yesterday! (EUR 80 that is). I checked, and it is $2.40/L. This makes it $11.5 a gallon for the type of gas I prefer. You can go a bit lower if you don't take the most expensive stuff, but you will always remain in the $10 region.

I drive on the Autobahn, and I usually drive quite fast making my car an expensive petrol gulping monster.

That sounds so fun. I get the law onto me for this sort of stuff. Driving 63 (105) in a 45 (75) is NOT a big deal. Now if I could only convince the police of that (they did let me off with a warning). How fast (km) do you usually drive?

Meanwhile, Garbz is busy studing his heart out, no clue his thread has been hijacked. But he deserves it if he can buy as nice of toys as he does. :)

BTW, what sort of car do you drive? I bet its beautiful and German, isn't it? I like American cars and all (I drive a Ford), but German car manufacturers REALLY get how to make their vehicles special. The only car company I've seen get close to equaling the prestige of the German marks is Lexus (which a lot of people don't know is basically a very fancy Toyota). People here in America even go for the entry-level Volkswagens (Jetta) more so than their American counterparts, cause the German companies know how to make something a car look CLASSY!

But Senor, believe me: Alex's "small Audi A3" is beautiful, cause - like with everything that's his - he keeps it in pristine conditions and can't even have one crumb inside on the carpets without "tut-tutting" over it, or a thin layer of pollen which did dare to set onto his shiny car while it was parked here in my place during the meet-up. More tut-tut! And cries for a car wash!

My car, in comparison ...
a) doesn't get the most expensive stuff you can buy. Second best must do, and a filling of the tank still is €8o.- for me, too,
b) gets washed in a car wash about once in every 10 times Alex takes his to the car wash and
c) sees a vacuum cleaner for the inside only when there's a TPF meet-up looming at the horizon where someone like Alex might come and see my car (!).

:biggrin:

Mine's an old (1999-built) 3-series BMW, the smallest you can ever get. AND it needs to go to the repair shop (only half Florian's doing, mind you), so do get replies into your "How do I make big money"-thread very soon, Senor, or else...

What was this thread about again :scratch: ???

Ah. Getting oneself new photographic equipment while having to sit through exams. Well ... hmph. Can't really say anything much about "new photographic equipment". Those €260,- I recently earned through selling photos of mine will just evaporate. Fill in holes. No more. That money won't really BUY me anything... :(

Well, so how has the newest purchase helped your glandular fever? Seems like you are on the mend, aren't you? I hope so!

Aww you remembered :hug:: It was actually a bit of a no show. I had a horrible 1 and a bit weeks of constant fevers some as high as 40 degrees that I took a swim out in the icy pool. But since then I've just had swollen glands and the whole 14 hours a night sleep thing. I'm back down to around 11 hours sleep so in theory I'm halfway to betterment. a friend told me I still look sick, but I feel pretty fine now except for the sleep.

Meanwhile, Garbz is busy studing his heart out, no clue his thread has been hijacked. But he deserves it if he can buy as nice of toys as he does. :)

Garbz was our partying something fierce because... well check this thread: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1265761

What was this thread about again :scratch: ???

A Waccom Graphire 3 6x8 with the retarded douches in Melbourne only shipped today. Overnight delivery my arse Monday is a public holiday too. Regardless of the courier I won't see this thing till Tuesday, a day before my exam. So thank you very much I'm going to fail Photonics now. :grumpy:

As a side note when did the emoticon : mad : get swapped with : grumpy :

That sounds so fun. I get the law onto me for this sort of stuff. Driving 63 (105) in a 45 (75) is NOT a big deal. Now if I could only convince the police of that (they did let me off with a warning). How fast (km) do you usually drive?

It depends ... if the road is not packed ... 180ish sometimes a bit more (km/h that is)

But today ... I got a speed ticket!!!! :( Not sure how much it will cost ...

A speed ticket for Doctor Alexander? How so? Where did it happen? (Nice new attempt to hijack the thread, heehee).

A speed ticket for Doctor Alexander? How so? Where did it happen? (Nice new attempt to hijack the thread, heehee).

Had a formal event today, with a press conference and great food. On the way there, right near Essen, there was an accident on the motorway and hence I got delayed by 1 hour .. when the road was empty again, I just speeded up on the Ruhrschnellweg, and just before Bochum *flash* .. the first image taken of me today...

Bochum!
Told you that was not the place to go to or be! ;)

I thought you were "off food" these days, after last week's plenty of the same (including two ice-cream cups on one day PLUS the good-bye dinner!!!).
But it was in the uni, not BP, wasn't it?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back