Emilymarie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you think??
4758579164_f86264ee17.jpg

Very nice, how many shots is this?

im guessing its 1 shot, with a very long exposure.

i think its very cool, actually just tried the same thing for the first time this weekend, only pointer i could give ya is more of a foreground or something cool to see. stars are nice and all but who wants to see sum half trees.

i think its very cool, actually just tried the same thing for the first time this weekend, only pointer i could give ya is more of a foreground or something cool to see. stars are nice and all but who wants to see sum half trees.

bad guess. 180 30 sec exposures for an hr. First attempt EVER!

Then you just layered 180 shots on each other? seems like alot of extra work, when u could just take 1 shot and let it roll.....but ive only tried once so i dont really know much myself.

Then you just layered 180 shots on each other? seems like alot of extra work, when u could just take 1 shot and let it roll.....but ive only tried once so i dont really know much myself.

problem with the one shot is balancing a light polluted sky with the foreground. Unless you are just going for a shot of the stars in the sky and don’t care about any foreground detail, you are most likely going to be very frustrated when you find that the sky is too bright to make out the stars due to light pollution if exposing for foreground detail. City lights, car headlights and especially a large phase moon can light up the sky dramatically brighter than the foreground leaving you with the choice of either underexposure your foreground, or losing precious star detail and contrast by exposing for foreground detail. Painting the foreground with light is one solution, but doesn’t solve the other problems.

also I used an action so no manual labor in PS at all

You should post your shot from this weekend. I am curious how your 1 shot looks if you kept it open enough for trails like that.

Noise is usually the #1 problem with long exposures. It gets really really bad when you leave it open for extended periods of time. might want to check your shot and see.

You should post your shot from this weekend. I am curious how your 1 shot looks if you kept it open enough for trails like that.

Noise is usually the #1 problem with long exposures. It gets really really bad when you leave it open for extended periods of time. might want to check your shot and see.

I was thinking the same thing. Post ur shot, Im also curious

very cool!

I've always wanted to try this.

I need to pick a good night. I was just planning on using a long exposure though, not a bunch of individual shots.

Definitely see the noise compared to the OP's picture. I like the foreground though alot, and the wider lens worked out well. You have a nice place to do them for sure! I would go back and try stacking there. I think you would like the results better. Its a little more work to press the remote that many times, but worth it.

i've have tryed long exposures before and the noise is very harsh to say the least ... i think multiple exposures is definitely a better image over all

Most reactions

Back