I caved

taraj_00

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
And ordered a Mamiya 645e this morning :) WOOHOO!

Umm, it had the lens with it, and I've orderd the rapid wind grip too.

It's not here yet :( LOL

It's here, it's here!!!! I've got a roll of Ektar in it right now (only 120 I had at the house!) YAY!

:p Gotta finish the film and ship it off first!

Enjoy... the MF gear is what I haul out when I want to relax an shoot for ME... I spend an entire day and only go through one roll.

The 80mm for the mamiya manual focus cameras is just about the smallest 80mm you'll find in MF, and it is RAZOR sharp. Wide open or stopped down, no difference in sharpness on minilab scans. It's also got fantastic looking bokeh when shot wide open.

You'll love the scans you get back from IFL (if you're still using them), they'll smoke 35mm. If you want your socks knocked off, shoot Ektar 100 @ 50 and have it scanned off the Noritsu. Incredible color and sharpness with almost no grain.

Phhht, I don't think I like it... Not because of the images (I just finished a roll), but because of the camera itself. It's not intuitive, it's much larger and heavier than I'm used to... It's just cumbersome... Think I'm gonna send it back.

Really? That's too bad. You don't think you could get used to how it handles, then? (You might forget some of your annoyance when you see your negs.) ;)

Phhht, I don't think I like it... Not because of the images (I just finished a roll), but because of the camera itself. It's not intuitive, it's much larger and heavier than I'm used to... It's just cumbersome... Think I'm gonna send it back.
You're missing the point... take your time! If you shoot more than a full roll in one day, you're shooting too fast.

Most reactions

Back