I could REALLY use some help

LuZbelito

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, i'm desperate. I have a Canon Powershot 720 IS with a Kingston 4 GB mem. card. Someone "accidentally" formated the card with nearly 1000 pics. He hit cancel before the format was finished (it was at 20% when he hit cancel), but all the pics are gone. I've been told that there is a way to get them back.
I'm getting a new card on the road and saving the formated one so when i get back home i can get it to a techie and see if he can retrieve them.
I'm not optimistic, so hit me. Do i have a chance or should i just give up? Any help will be appreciated. If u are familiar with ANY way in which i could retrieve the pics i'd be glad to hear from you.
Thanks in advance.

i'm really sorry to hear that, i know with San disk there is a program where you can retrieve "lost" pictures

Assuming you have a Wintel PC, I would 1) put the card in an attached cardreader, 2) make a disk copy of the card (a disk image; I think it's the .img extension), 3) apply some photo recovery apps to the disk copy/image and see if that works.
If you mess it up, you'll have messed up only a disk copy/image of the card. You can bin that one and can start over again with a fresh disk copy/image.

Good luck!

Oh yeah, and please let the board know how you get on, what worked or didn't for you. We would all like to learn from that.

Assuming you have a Wintel PC, I would 1) put the card in an attached cardreader, 2) make a disk copy of the card (a disk image; I think it's the .img extension), 3) apply some photo recovery apps to the disk copy/image and see if that works.
If you mess it up, you'll have messed up only a disk copy/image of the card. You can bin that one and can start over again with a fresh disk copy/image.

Good luck!

Oh yeah, and please let the board know how you get on, what worked or didn't for you. We would all like to learn from that.

i too have heard about applications that will recover lost data from memory cards... but that is the extent of my knowledge.

i am sorry for the lost information. i know i would flip on anyone that accidentally formatted my 8 gig card that i use for my sd750

I've had luck with PC Inspector Smart Recovery in the past... It's a free download. :eek:)

Good luck!

Well, i forgot to mention one thing thou, i'm in the middle of Vietnam, lol. BUT, after searching the entire friking town, i finally found a guy who said he could get the pictures back. He did. I wrote down the name of the application he used for you guys. Haven't got it here, but i ll post it later. Getting my pics on a dvd as we speak. I almost cried when i saw my pics back.
Thanks again.

Ok, got it. The software he used was "Card Recovery V2.31"

Most reactions

Back