I couldn't LIVE without....

cailinp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What one "accessory" could you not live without when it comes to photo taking? I'm talking anything here, from something very basic to high end. Curious to see what everyone says.

The body ;) hehe

but beyond that.... the strap for sure... acts as my 3rd hand often times. How about you?

battery grip. my camera would feel so awkward without it

So far .... I never go out with my camera without putting it in a camera bag. So I say "Camera Bag". Either a small/large shoulder bag or backpack.

I'll go with something a little out of the ordinary...

Kirk window mount (company logo blurred for my protection :mrgreen:)

Kirk1.jpg

Kirk2.jpg

Kirk1.jpg

Kirk2.jpg

lol that looks crazy. Only downside I'd say would be putting pressure on the window, but wow. What kind of things do you shoot with it?

Kirk1.jpg

Kirk2.jpg

Just a little in lust here this morning. Ahhhhhhhh. New to photography really so my choices are limited. I think once have my CPF in hand that will be something I cant live without. That and my wireless remote which I do have. Or maybe my tripod. Love both.

My SB-600. I would quite macros without it and wouldn't shoot many shots of the kids either...even outdoor snaps of the kids I find it to be important.

My most useful digital accessory is my battery charger and my batteries. They're not an actual part of the camera but I couldn't do a thing without them. In so far as my film cameras go I'd have to say my 105MM Super Takumar lens. The more I play with that lens the more I fall in love with it. You couldn't get me to part with the 105MM or my 50MM even though I really should sell the Takumars and put the money towards a DSLR.

These are my first really good lenses and they're just awesome to use. After using a couple of really bad (and very expensive) off brand screw on lenses made for my Fuji for 7 years it's been a whole new world for me using these. I really want a 200 and/or 300MM one and maybe a macro too actually. I'll probably have the lenses long before I ever have the K-DSLR to put them on, but at least I am getting started on having some decent glass for it whenever I finally do get one.

If we're discussing "anything" other than the body I'd have to say my 24-70L. That lens lives on my camera. If we limit it to accessories I think my x-rite color checker passport has recently been made my "must have" accessory.

Well, obviously you NEED several things in order to take the picture (body, CF card, batteries), but I assume you mean beyond that. It's a hard choice between my 24-70 and my SB800.

An OCF capable speedlight.

I'm with this guy. Beyond my camera and lenses, which should be assumed that you need for photography, it would be my lighting equipment. Since probably about 85% of the work I do now involves lighting, this only makes since.

Most reactions

Back