i couldnt wait to post this one

I love this photo. The only thing that bothers me a little is the corner you blackened out. It is a bit harsh. Great job!!!!

I was gonna say the same thing. Blackening the corner seemed like there's a missing piece in the picture. Could we see the original, please?

Other than that. It's god. I didn't like the candles very much, though.

looks cool, but the border and black outline kill it for me, you don't need those to look good

Way to harsh in the corner, and I think it needs to be straightened.

I think some turkey or ham on the plates would be more appropriate than all those cheese pizzas :lol:

Seriously, that was the first thing to cross my mind when I opened this thread earlier. No one else thought "Pizza!!!" LOL

It's a very nice shot. Much nicer than our family's dine. We're just a bunch of poor country bumkins.

I was gonna say the same thing. Blackening the corner seemed like there's a missing piece in the picture. Could we see the original, please?

Other than that. It's god. I didn't like the candles very much, though.

thanks for your thoughts tentientl. heres the original:
AGAIN001.jpg

looks cool, but the border and black outline kill it for me, you don't need those to look good

really? i didnt think it looked THAT bad. the actual reason for the border, though, is that i needed it printed in a 5x7 and the border helped

Without flash and indoors, or in any area that isn't too bright, yes. It makes a huge difference.

By the way Flower Child, nice eye. I like this photo. The editing was nicely handled.

thanks Mr. Drewski, i appreciate it

Way to harsh in the corner, and I think it needs to be straightened.

yeah alot of people seem to think that black corner was a little harsh--thanks for looking

thanks atlas i figured it out. i was making it alot harder that it really was.

just so you know, the watermark you have added is very easy to remove... if you've made this as a way to protect this image, it fails.. i can literally remove that watermark in about 1 second... however, if you've just put it there to mark your work, then it works...

if your trying to protect your image though, while it may ruin the look of the image, its good to make a nice big watermark that is a little harder to remove... most watermarks can be removed though by people who know how to use photoshop and the clone tool...

this is what i use on my client site as the watermark...

20081227-b114swnjcmwp9rip11d9576m4w.jpg

chris burke, thank you, thats probably the best advice ive had on here. i am wanting to protect it. i have a question though--how do you make a watermark like that and have a opaqe background to it? are you using a certain program? is it in gimp and im just not seeing it?

To be frank, there's no reason to worry about someone stealing that image-- it's very nice but there's just no need to wreck it for your viewers with a huge over the top watermark. If you visit the sites of most professionals, you'll see that if they have a watermark, it's small and subtle. Sites that sell images to publications (ie very newsworthy/valuable shots) tend towards more intrusive marks, but if you're not selling this, why worry? This is a nice shot, the edit really helps though you might find a way to make it a bit more subtle. I would be careful in the future with your editing of the color/contrast. While the contrast adjustment really helped in some respects, it pushed the candles to pure white, which takes away from it a bit I think. I'm not a good monitor though, I'll take a look at it again when I get a chance.

Nice shot.
Can see why you blacked out the corner.
Thought it was pizza on the plates at first too.:lol:
Craig.

To be frank, there's no reason to worry about someone stealing that image--

sorry but I have to say your 100% wrong here... people steal images ALL THE TIME...

example number 1
just a few months ago we were introduced on the forum to some guy named justin, who had created a site for HIS images taken of hurricane katrina, among other things as well.. and he claimed that he was trying to raise money for victims through the selling of HIS images... right away we all caught on to it being a scam... and then some savvy TPF people did some research on all the pictures, and found out that EVERY SINGLE ONE was stolen from other people... how could they have avoided having their images stolen??? big nasty watermarks that are hard to remove....

example number 2
there is a local photographer in my area who runs a business, does weddings, portraits, children, pets, you name it, she seems to do it... however, about 6 months ago, another photographer friend of mine noticed that some of her pictures were being displayed on this photographers site, claiming them as her own...

people steal images all the time, so its best to protect yourself.

how do you make a watermark like that and have a opaqe background to it? are you using a certain program? is it in gimp and im just not seeing it?

i used photoshop, and the EMBOSS filter... and i also dropped the opacity down to around 10% or so so it became see through

To be frank, there's no reason to worry about someone stealing that image-- it's very nice but there's just no need to wreck it for your viewers with a huge over the top watermark. If you visit the sites of most professionals, you'll see that if they have a watermark, it's small and subtle. Sites that sell images to publications (ie very newsworthy/valuable shots) tend towards more intrusive marks, but if you're not selling this, why worry? This is a nice shot, the edit really helps though you might find a way to make it a bit more subtle. I would be careful in the future with your editing of the color/contrast. While the contrast adjustment really helped in some respects, it pushed the candles to pure white, which takes away from it a bit I think. I'm not a good monitor though, I'll take a look at it again when I get a chance.

thank you for your opinion. i like to see different people's views on this matter.

Nice shot.
Can see why you blacked out the corner.
Thought it was pizza on the plates at first too.:lol:
Craig.

yeah i think the black goes a little better than t.v.s, people, and crap in the background

sorry but I have to say your 100% wrong here... people steal images ALL THE TIME...

example number 1
just a few months ago we were introduced on the forum to some guy named justin, who had created a site for HIS images taken of hurricane katrina, among other things as well.. and he claimed that he was trying to raise money for victims through the selling of HIS images... right away we all caught on to it being a scam... and then some savvy TPF people did some research on all the pictures, and found out that EVERY SINGLE ONE was stolen from other people... how could they have avoided having their images stolen??? big nasty watermarks that are hard to remove....

example number 2
there is a local photographer in my area who runs a business, does weddings, portraits, children, pets, you name it, she seems to do it... however, about 6 months ago, another photographer friend of mine noticed that some of her pictures were being displayed on this photographers site, claiming them as her own...

people steal images all the time, so its best to protect yourself.

i used photoshop, and the EMBOSS filter... and i also dropped the opacity down to around 10% or so so it became see through

i have to agree with you completely on this matter. its better to be safe than sorry. if people think they can get away with stealing your image they will do it. even though my photo isnt that great im going to get in the habit of protecting my images when i post on the internet. ill go with a more subtle watermark when i print. i saw the emboss filter, im getting ready to play around with it. thank you for all your help

Hello FlowerChild: Gorgeous photo, beautiful light, and very warm and inviting. You were right to remove the distracting room in the upper left, but leaving it black isn't right either. My suggestion is to copy and paste the upper right background into its own layer, flip it horizontal, move in to position on left upper corner, erase the edges as needed to blend in, then adjust the levels to your liking. I did that in this edit, and I also lightened the lower left foreground a bit. This gives you a more balanced picture, and even shows chairs in the left rear. Finally, let me say this was a quick edit job in PhotoShop to give you an idea for improvement. If you need more details, just let me know, or if it's not to your liking, tell me and I'll delete it. Again -- nice photo!

FlowerChild2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back