I did it - Bought my DSRL

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My checkout at Adorama. I am going to wait to get the 50mm 1.8 since they are out of it, and I'll get my flash then too. Figured it gives me more time to save up money to get the best flash possible, and probably better to learn on the camera before I get it!

OMG I am going to puke I'm so excited.

D50 Nikon D50 REFURBISHED - $399.95
Bogen Quick Connect head - $ 11.95
Tamron 28-80mm f3.5-5.6 - $ 69.95 (I know its crappy, but so is the 18-55 standard lens, and I plan on using the 50mm 1.8 indoors... something to learn on.)
Sunpack 58mm Cir Polarizer $ 20.50
Nikon Remote Control Trans $ 18.95

TOTAL $521.30

Well here we go. I probably should've got a better lens, but I will deal with it.

LOL Thanks. Im already regretting the cheap lens. I might try and switch to the other if they havent shipped order... and just forget the polarizer for now!!!

Well we're talking about a Tamron 28-80 or the generic kit lens for Nikon... I don't know if anyone of them is better than the other, but the NIkkor is wider, which was dumb of me not to get.

Not to slow up your decision process but you could always opt for an inexpensive but very fine 50mm prime for your first lens. (50 mm 1.8 Nikkor) excellent glass. You give up the zoom but you would be getting something that wouldn't need replacement.

Not to slow up your decision process but you could always opt for an inexpensive but very fine 50mm prime for your first lens. (50 mm 1.8 Nikkor) excellent glass. You give up the zoom but you would be getting something that wouldn't need replacement.

I am getting the 50mm 1.8, surely, in a few weeks. Along with a flash... but for now I wanted something I could learn on, and would have SOME zoom.

EDIT: I switched it for an Nikon 18mm - 55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX Wide Angle Autofocus Zoom Lens

Congrats on the DSLR! And a Nikon to boot! LOL You are going to be hard pressed to shoot better photos than those lenses will take!

For the difference between the SB800 (GN 124(?)) and the SB 600(GN98) ((right around there)) you can get a good Nikon 70-210mm f4-f5.6(non-D) and if you are careful a 28mm AI which is great for candid photography.

enjoy!!

mike

Most reactions

New Topics

Back