I Don't Get It

A4RingedONE8T

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.1552v2.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Why when uploaded do different picture sets come out so much different?

Here's two examples, from two different sets, shooting in the same mode with similar settings. Both uploaded with photobucket using the same starting size and same resized size. One is clear as can be after uploaded and one is grainy as hell! I dont get it, whats going on?? HELP please!! :(

DSC04637.jpg

DSC03848.jpg

the iso is much different with the shots. 400 vs 100 which depending on which camera your using will have a huge difference with noise

If the ISOs are different then yes you will notice more noise appearing in the shot with a higher ISO value. As you say you shot with the same settings were you shooting with auto-ISO? If so I recomend you to switch out in to manual ISO mode - much more control and as your shooting static objects you have time to check and alter settings if needed

edit - yes actually which one is it?
at this scale they look the same.

I Shoot in auto ISO but i watch and see what it selects and if it is really high i adjust to get lower.

Also I don't know if it is my computer but those pics look fine to me.

The first one was the more "grainy" one. For some reason its in the resizing by photobucket sometimes. I had to resize it first then upload it for the first pic to stay somewhat clear, the second was resized by photobucket yet remained clear. I dont understand why some it keeps clear and others come out horrible. Guess I will just have to start doing it myself with PS.

Regarding the ISO, whenever the camera's on a tripod, I always use 100, when the camera's in hand I usually keep it on Auto. I'm definitely not a professional photographer and some of the camera's settings still confuse me time to time. I try to stay the full manual route most of the time as it makes me learn more about the camera but sometimes the pictures turn out horrible and I spent 3x the amount of time as if I shot the same thing in semi-auto. For these two pics I know the first one was on a tripod, manual mode on ISO100, the second I was laying on the ground and had the camera on ISO Auto

yes photobuckets auto editing features are not the best in the world - fine for a small digicam and family shots, but if you take the hobby more seriously its much better to resize yourself. Also with resizing also apply a sharpening after resizing since your often cutting a photo down to a third of its origial size you lose sharpness in this - restore it with some shapening.

Also with resizing also apply a sharpening......
You know, I never apply a sharpening after resizing. Hmmm, maybe I should. Is that why I get so few comments on my images?

yes photobuckets auto editing features are not the best in the world - fine for a small digicam and family shots, but if you take the hobby more seriously its much better to resize yourself. Also with resizing also apply a sharpening after resizing since your often cutting a photo down to a third of its origial size you lose sharpness in this - restore it with some shapening.

Good info, thanks!

Most reactions

Back