I don't photograph birds

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I don't photograph birds. I haven't got the lenses or the inclination. But when I come across one that is big, and lets you get quite close without flying off, like this grey heron by the Lancaster Canal, I sometimes point and shoot.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoquoto.blogspot.com

Grey-Heron.jpg

For someone who doesn't shoot birds, that's not a bad effort at all IMHO. Whereabouts on the canal were you?

Thanks Mohain, LeighAnn & Chris. This was a very accommodating heron that let me get as close as I could (I was across the canal from him/her), and in the position I wanted for the composition. Chris, this was just south of where the Glasson canal joins the main Lancaster Canal i.e. about a mile south of Galgate.

Regards, Tony

Just had a a look at my Ordnance Survey map of the area - not very far from Junction 33 on the M6 then.

well possibly you don't shoot birds, but you should really think about doing it more :)
Very nice capture

Thanks Dani & Tangerini - I think the heron was trying to show himself in the best light when he chose this particular perch :D.

Regards, Tony

Whoa, well done! ( :clap: ) It sure picked a scenic place to rest and have its portrait taken

Most reactions

New Topics

Back