i dont wanna!!

M

MDowdey

So What i dont wanna scan pictures myself?

are there places with which an ordinary man like myself can scan pictures of the highest quality and composition?

i feel kinko's would not do the trick. any suggestions?

md

Other than Kodak PhotoCD I doubt something outside of a service bureau will be easily found. Murphy says it will not be cheap.

5th said:
Other than Kodak PhotoCD I doubt something outside of a service bureau will be easily found. Murphy says it will not be cheap.

Well I tried to offer that service in my town, but I didnt get a single phone call for it. :0) Guess it doesnt help that I dont have a physical store in town. There is one store in town that does it as well.

And nope, its not cheap. I tried to make it worth my while, so I was charging something like $2 a picture, minimum $10 order, but they are stored on a CD, part of the price. Then I had packages, A, B, C, etc, where A was for 100 pictures for $100 or something like that. It sounds like alot, but thats alot of time sitting infront of a pc scanning. Also it came with like 5 cd's with the info stored on them. Then so much for each additional CD.

One would think that an automated process could do this in roll-form. I self-feeding film scanner would be great for this aspect.

Dale Labs scans to CD very reasonable prices and hi res. Both their own CDs and Kodak CDs. I have several from them. Also you can use online lab scans that store your photos. I have used both to post on the web, but not for printing. The CDs are fine for printing.

dlc said:
Dale Labs scans to CD very reasonable prices and hi res. Both their own CDs and Kodak CDs. I have several from them. Also you can use online lab scans that store your photos. I have used both to post on the web, but not for printing. The CDs are fine for printing.

I got a kodak cd once, it was free with the one time use camera I got, and I found the quality of the pictures poor. I even heard of one getting a cd back with all the pictures upside down. :0) Although some did have more detail than the film version, in the shadows, that you woudlnt get from scanning the picture itself. :0).

I suggest ya just sit down at your pc/scanner some day and be patient. :0)

Most reactions

Back