I failed today

Because I suck at what I do.

Perhaps I mistaken but this seems to be the third or fourth post by you in the same theme.

I was a terrible tennis player and no amount of effort or lessons made me better than a level 3 or 3.5.
So I had a decision to make, either be satisfied with how I played and continue on or give it up.
Complaining to others got some attention but didn't make me better.

That is probably true for photography also.

Perhaps I mistaken but this seems to be the third or fourth post by you in the same theme.

I was a terrible tennis player and no amount of effort or lessons made me better than a level 3 or 3.5.
So I had a decision to make, either be satisfied with how I played and continue on or give it up.

Maybe I should just take pictures for my enjoyment and not bother anyone else for their opinion.

Maybe I should just take pictures for my enjoyment and not bother anyone else for their opinion.
Not that you asked for my opinion, but I'm always a little shocked when I see you make posts saying that you're a bad photographer, because I've always thought you were quite good, in the top percentage in fact. You're just waaaaay hard on yourself. And yes, you should be doing this for your own enjoyment, but if you want to improve it would be wise to at least be open to some opinions.

Not that you asked for my opinion, but I'm always a little shocked when I see you make posts saying that you're a bad photographer, because I've always thought you were quite good, in the top percentage in fact. You're just waaaaay hard on yourself. And yes, you should be doing this for your own enjoyment, but if you want to improve it would be wise to at least be open to some opinions.

Not every photographer likes criticism though. I probably am too hard on myself and I'll try to be less in the future. More importantly, I need to stop comparing myself to other photographers that I admire because I'll never be on the same level as them overnight.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back