I Fear For The Future Of The USA

Sounds about right.

I live near a college. That's all I need to say.

Listened to a political interview yesterday where they were asking the candidate about his stance on education. It came up during the interview that there was not much that could be done with the current population, because of a failure of the parents to teach basic principals at home. Same holds true with the lack of respect shown by these college students.

image.jpg

We've got the same strange behaviour in the UK too at events. In the last few years it seems to have become a thing to take all your stuff to the party - party hard and then dump the stuff. Some even deliberately slash their tents so they can't be re-used.

Honestly I've no idea why - why spend all that money on food and tents and such and then just dump it. Seems so terribly wasteful and kind of hints that "poor" uni/college students (of which many are the bulk) have a bit too much money ;)

Sadly we can blame the media for this one in part. They have bigged up the idea that going to uni is to go to party. That huge drunken parties are normal, expected and if you're not into them you're just a little bit anti-social and odd. Films, TV shows etc... its all made uni into a huge party - at least on the social side.

Couple that to poor education and reduced morals and you've got a disaster

Honestly I've no idea why - why spend all that money on food and tents and such and then just dump it. Seems so terribly wasteful and kind of hints that "poor" uni/college students (of which many are the bulk) have a bit too much money
I would not hold out much hope that these adult children would be disciplined by their parents. The time for discipline has long since passed, so any possibility of that occurring now is wishful thinking.

Try telling the parents that their offspring bought a new tent, sleeping bags for himself and a girl, a cooler, lantern, lots of beer, some food, and trashed a public park by leaving it all behind. I think all you would get is a blank stare, followed by a verbal berating aimed at the messenger, not the child.

Universities and colleges need to ban fraternities.

That will accomplish nothing.

I'd ban all but the service and honors organizations. The social ones don't do much more than get drunk and wreck stuff.

Organizations didn't do this.

People did.

Banning the organization doesn't get rid of the people. Stupidity and selfishness cannot be legislated out of existence.

Banning the organization makes it far less likely that there will be as many of those stupid people in the same place at the same time. Spreads it out, if you will.

Honestly I've no idea why - why spend all that money on food and tents and such and then just dump it. Seems so terribly wasteful and kind of hints that "poor" uni/college students (of which many are the bulk) have a bit too much money
I would not hold out much hope that these adult children would be disciplined by their parents. The time for discipline has long since passed, so any possibility of that occurring now is wishful thinking.

Try telling the parents that their offspring bought a new tent, sleeping bags for himself and a girl, a cooler, lantern, lots of beer, some food, and trashed a public park by leaving it all behind. I think all you would get is a blank stare, followed by a verbal berating aimed at the messenger, not the child.

As I said, I live near a college. It's a private one.. huge tuition cost and all that. There is a drug in this area called 'spice' It's a fake marijuana. It's sold as incense legally in some places. It's popular with the homeless.. and college kids. When it was really bad here the cops were referring to the users as 'zombies' over the scanner. That's what it does. Smoke up, go blank. Possibly fall over and just lay there for 20 minutes or so. Or die. A person OD'd on it at a bridge that I love to shoot.

Let the landlord next door know his tenets where smoking that crap behind his house and ll he could say was 'but they come from nice families..' Yes, that just means they can afford to buy more drugs, LOL.

I can only imagine the response from the parents.

Most reactions

Back