I feel just sick

Im not sure I have that kind of time, was quite the wild child in my day ;)

I was being kind....knew that may be so. Forget confession, make a contract with the DEVIL. It may be your only chance....:lmao:

Met him once at the bottom of a tequila bottle and even He didnt want me. :blushing:

Newbie mistake number 2 of colossal proportions. So I finally bought an external hard drive on the weekend. 1.5 TB for $100 bucks and came home from camping ready to back up all of my pics etc on my desktop. And it crashed the minute I turned it on. Take it to my tech. doc and he has to wipe it. Not sure if anything will be saved but sounds doubtful. Just wanted to share. make sure you back up your **** because this royaly bites. :(

As I reach out and touch my film negatives to assure myself they are safe...I understand how awful this must be.

I hope you opened your fire safe to touch them.

Newbie mistake number 2 of colossal proportions. So I finally bought an external hard drive on the weekend. 1.5 TB for $100 bucks and came home from camping ready to back up all of my pics etc on my desktop. And it crashed the minute I turned it on. Take it to my tech. doc and he has to wipe it. Not sure if anything will be saved but sounds doubtful. Just wanted to share. make sure you back up your **** because this royaly bites. :(

As I reach out and touch my film negatives to assure myself they are safe...I understand how awful this must be.

I hope you opened your fire safe to touch them.

At least they won't just die.

Tell him to do a quick format (or just format doesn't matter)
on the computer

then download (I abseloutely love this program, even a money could use it!)
Recuva (by piriform, link is in my signature.)

it is abseloutely free too and quick, As long as he only installs a light OS (even if he boots Linux ubuntu on a disc, that way nothing is being written to hard drive.)
and runs wine (compatibillity program for linux to run windows programs.)

then run the recuva (i don't know if it will work or not.) and try that.

failing that, just install XP as it is the lightest OS in the windows range thant is compatible with Recuva (as far as I know.)

As long as you dont overwrite files, your recovery process should be fine.

Most reactions

Back