I feel so special. I finally got a scam e-mail for weddings.

Here's what you do: lean back, interlock your hands behind your head and give a slight nod. You made it. Light cigar or other smoke related product. Enjoy fleeting fame for a few minutes.

Sparky you need to draw and quarter last not first. If you do it first then all the rest is just mutilation not torture cause the bodies rather dead after being quartered ;)

Subject: INVITATION FOR WEDDING SHOOT IN CANADA
Date: March 14, 2012 3:53:39 PM EDT

Hello, I am new on this forum but I found it while I was trying to see if the email from From: Kelly Rodriguez <[email protected]> is a scam. So, I just want to say Hello and to mention that I got the same email.

Sparky you need to draw and quarter last not first. If you do it first then all the rest is just mutilation not torture cause the bodies rather dead after being quartered ;)

I do all that so fast, the poor victim is perfectly conscience through the entire process. They are all so excuisitely timed that the ME cannot determine COD.

Three people in three states got the same email. I don't think there can be any doubt any more that it's a scam. :lol:

For those that don't want to click the links, here's how the scam works:

They send you a money order as payment for your services. Since they are out of the country (Canada in this case), they ask you to use part of that money to pay the cake guy (or whatever - some other vendor), who is actually in on the scam.
You pay the cake guy. Then, too late, your bank informs you that their check/money order was no good.

Now, you're out however much you paid to the other guy, and all you have to show for it is a fake money order.

Three people in three states got the same email. I don't think there can be any doubt any more that it's a scam. :lol:

They send you a money order as payment for your services. Since they are out of the country (Canada in this case), they ask you to use part of that money to pay the cake guy (or whatever - some other vendor), who is actually in on the scam.
You pay the cake guy. Then, too late, your bank informs you that their check/money order was no good.

Now, you're out however much you paid to the other guy, and all you have to show for it is a fake money order.

So the check you sent me is fake?

So the check you sent me is fake?
Hey man, I don't care what your bank told you - my money is good. Money of pink paper isn't unheard of, and lots of Presidents wore a monocle.

I got the same exact email, but it was from Kelly Brown. Same fiance, though! haha! And same exact "wish list". Maybe she decided to change her name before the wedding. ;) Total scam!

It was just weird... They didnt even use my photography email, got to my personal one and it was obviously a mass email because i was BCC'ed on it. But I dont know why its a scam persay. I feel like a bride who is mass emailing wedding photog's is going to be very difficult to work with. (Personal Opinion)
Or she may be a bride who knows exactly what she wants, has the money to pay for it, and is trying to find someone to provide exactly what she wants.

Maybe it is a scam, I admit it is somewhat odd especially since it wasn't sent to your photography email, but I honestly don't see anything that unusual about someone asking for pricing on exactly what they want.

Hi, Good morning . This is Kelly . Still havent heard back from you ... Just checking in to see if you got my previous email . PLEASE BELOW... I will want you to get back to me with your package price list . Thank you .

I was just going to be sure you got this right. Ps: Wedding is May 12th,2012 . And in Ontario, CANADA . Like I said, Full travel (airfare, ground transportation and hotel) will be taken care of . We already have a booking agent set aside to handle that . You see, you probably wont understand how hard it is finding some one locally for the shooting of our wedding . They are either booked up or not good enough so we decided to check online a few websites including pdnonline, ppa, etc. So we'd definitely hate for this to be a waste of time.

I will let you know an exact address in the coming week(s) . I have a friend working on that right now. I will let you know asap when something has been booked. So the address will virtually be The Artscape Wychwood Barns, 601 Christie Street, Toronto. Nothing on file yet . We are expecting about 100-150 guests over . Both indoor and outdoor shooting right from the wedding ceremony,reception etc...

It has been hard finding the perfect photographer for the shooting. But following your response to my introductory email . I'm optimistic about this arrangement working . So I put it you're willing to travel . We are currently in Manchester, UK for an important visit ahead of my seminar. So I hope to work out an arrangement ahead of my arrival back to the states. You see, I am physically impaired (Hearing). So e-mail works fine for now . We can work out all of the details ( via email) .A quick question though, Will you be emailing us something like a standard contract agreement knowing for sure you will be available for the 12th?

E-mail your package price list and let us know if you will be available for the 12th.

Thank you .

Kelly .

I tracked the email back to
Nigeria, (go figure) I guess that Prince is getting married to Kelly.
thanks to the wonders of IP
address embedded in almost every email mystery solved ...
Scooby Snacks for all my friends​

Most reactions

Back