I finally did it!

pursuer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I captured my very first image of lightning,
A rather intense storm came through tonight and this the best shot from the evening. Im haveing a very hard time deciding on a crop, what do you guys think? I need to sleep on it.

lightning19dk.jpg

lightning23ob.jpg
[/URL]

lightning33ue.jpg
[/URL]

thats a really good shot...i like the second pic alot...but the first with the houses below with the lights on, and people in it..makes a more startling shot, i think...it shows just how huge that bolt of lightning really is...gives perspective, i think...

but any of them are great...good job, persuer!.....

Wow..how many shots did you take to get this one? I hope you weren't standing under a tree!! lol
I too, dream of one day being able to take just one shot of lightning..sigh!

Nicely captured.. the 2nd is my fave :D

thanks everyone, I took around 50 exposures and got some lightning in around 10 of them. I wish I could have gotten a better backdrop but these were taken from my front door, I mustered up the curage to go out in the back yard toward the end of the storm but headed back in very quickly once I realised lightning was still stricking on all sides of me. The whole metal tripod thing scares the hell out of me to say the least :shock:

This one would have been awsome if I would have been able to capture more of it, sigh.

lightning49uo.jpg

Oh, I still remember my excitement at my first lightning shots. That was still shot on film and , I had to wait the whole weekend before i could develop and scan.

The thrill ans suspense !!!

Great shots for a first attempt !! Keep it up. I'm looking forward to seeing a lot more from you.

Hanno

Most reactions

New Topics

Back