I FINALLY did it.

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been less than thrilled with my Mamiya 645 Super setup. Never liked the focus screen, its hot shoe and PC sync didn't work, and I just kinda felt uninspired by it. So I finally said to hell with it and exchanged it for a Hasselblad 500 EL/M and a Zeiss Distagon. *yay* It should be here next week or so. Stupendously excited to have a functional Hasselblad again.

^5

I am only missing a back for my 680 to be fully operational. If you were out here we could shoot film together. (Assuming you're a consenting adult.)

No Chloroform this time, ok? That stuff leaves me groggy.

The 500 EL/M is not really a walkaround camera, but I'm gonna do it because I apparently hate myself.

^5

I am only missing a back for my 680 to be fully operational. If you were out here we could shoot film together. (Assuming you're a consenting adult.)

No Chloroform this time, ok? That stuff leaves me groggy.

The 500 EL/M is not really a walkaround camera, but I'm gonna do it because I apparently hate myself.
I used to shoot the 500 C/M for Street, no big deal. The EL/M is just a little add-on.

Citrus-Picker-UE.jpg

Hasselblad 500 C/M w/ 80mm, Tri-X

Helms---HP-L.jpg

On%20Broadway-11%20-%20HP.jpg

On-Broadway-13-UE.jpg

Self-Portrait-2%20-%20W-L.jpg

Most impressive, Gary. I used to use my 1600f as an all around camera. I don't see any real issues other than neck fatigue (at first) in dragging it around all day.

Jazzie, I'm bursting at the seams! It's been way too long since I've heard that WHAP from that massive 6x6 mirror.

Most impressive, Gary. I used to use my 1600f as an all around camera. I don't see any real issues other than neck fatigue (at first) in dragging it around all day.

... since I've heard that WHAP from that massive 6x6 mirror.

LOL ... and the resulting whiplash.

Last edited:
I have an NC-2 prism... Making it even heavier AND up to my face, thus increasing the whiplash effect significantly.

I've heard the new H5X comes with a two-stage rear airbag and front airbag in case the weight pulls you over.

I had a mamiya 645 1000s with a prism finder, (i hate waist level finders) but it died as well and just wasn't worth the cost of repair. every so often i think about getting back into medium format.
the nice thing about the mamiyas is that the lenses are not overly expensive, especially compared to buying lenses for a Hassy. they are a good "budget" medium format setup.

The cost difference in lenses is pretty significant... To be honest, I always second guessed my decision to buy the Mamiya and not a Hassy.

Dunno but Hasselblad never exerted the fetish/hypnotic thing on me. Too pricey whether clean and pretty or beat-to-death, just couldn't see spending the $$$. Got a mint Bronica SQ-B, built a kit to my liking, and satisfied the 6x6 SLR itch without financial embarrassment.

Dunno but Hasselblad never exerted the fetish/hypnotic thing on me. Too pricey whether clean and pretty or beat-to-death, just couldn't see spending the $$$. Got a mint Bronica SQ-B, built a kit to my liking, and satisfied the 6x6 SLR itch without financial embarrassment.

It's a matter of personal preference. I've had several Mamiyas, a Bronica, and a few Hasselblads (never used a TRUE V-series lens though, but I've had 3 500ELs, a 2000FC/M, and the 1600f), but I've always found the Hasselblads most inspiring. Probably because of the whole space thing, I think.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back