I finally finished my portfolio! YAY!!!

fadingaway1986

I Burn Easily :(
Reaction score
Website
www.06photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yay. I finally finished my TAFE portfolio. I will be submitting it tomorrow... Here is a digital version

Written Piece...

I enjoy using the photographic medium to communicate for numerous reasons. Firstly, I enjoy being able to go out and discover new elements and rediscover old elements as well as capture them the way I perceive them. When any given person views a tree, they see the obvious, green leaves, brown branches and a brown trunk. I enjoy moving closer to the tree and seeing it from a different angle. I enjoy viewing trees from underneath and looking towards the sky. I enjoy examining the bark on the trunk of the tree and seeing what it represents to me, and how I can create this normally ignored subject into a piece of art.

Secondly, I hope in documenting my everyday life through photography, I will be able to pass on my perception of events that happened in my lifetime to anyone who views my photographs. In viewing them, I would hope future generations would be able to understand what life was like for me, growing up in the 20th and 21st centuries.

I also enjoy taking photographs of family members and friends in both portrait and candid style as I believe each style captures different emotion. I feel a portrait shows the inner beauty of any given person, whereas a candid photograph allows the viewer to understand the subject more deeply.

IMG_0178_edit_bw_web.jpg

“Little Lady”
(1. A character portrait of a family member or friend.)

DSCF0288_edit_web.jpg

“Driftwood on beach”
(2 A landscape or architectural image.)

IMG_9979_edit02_web.jpg

“Strawberry Parfait”
(3. An advertising image that would be used to sell a product.)

IMG_0965edit_web.jpg

“Abstract drinking straws”
(4. An abstract design/ composition.)

IMG_0232_web.jpg

“The Photographer”
(5. A self portrait/ self image.)

IMG_0775_edit_bw_web.jpg

“Mother and daughter”

IMG_0767_edit_web.jpg

“Daddy’s little girl”

DSCF1405_edit_web.jpg

“Autumn Tree”

IMG_0757_web.jpg

“Small hand”

DSCF0256_edit_web.jpg

“New Zealand Jetty”

IMG_1683_edit_web.jpg

“Coloured Pencils”

DSCF0404_edit_web.jpg

“Land of the long white cloud”

IMG_1642_edit_web.jpg

“Dried rose petals”

IMG_1548_edit_web.jpg

“Succulent Strawberry”

Please excuse the poor resizing.

I had all pictures printed in 5x7's with white borders on gloss fuji paper and have put them on a peachy coloured heavy paper (close to cardboard). The writing is about 3-4 cms away from the bottom of the page, and the picture is centered in the top part...

I like it. :)

You've done well and good luck with the marking. :)

Scan your transcript when you get it back and post up. ;)

I drove in this morning to drop it off...

The TAFE was scary... Very run down. But oh well, as long as they can teach.

Have decided to go by toll roads too, lots faster (will cost me $6 a day though!!!)

But I will work that all out next year. I can always catch the train.

You've got a nice mix of shots here! Best of luck with the application process and let us know when you hear :D

I got these printed at a store other than the one I work at (hehehe... was a fuji place & I like fuji better than kodak - and 5*7's were on special for 29c (normally 99c)

The guy at the store said he did the course and it was very good. And said my portfolio looks heaps better than his did...

Oh. You have all seen my ugly face now too :D

Pretty much the same as Uni. Not really sure what the difference is... I think TAFE might be more hands on...

And not as expensive... But rather than a degree, I get a diploma.

fadingaway1986 said:
Written Piece...

As a writer / critic, I thought you might like a copy edit... (if not let me know, and i'll remove)

I enjoy using the photographic medium to communicate for numerous reasons. Firstly, I enjoy being able to go out to discover and capture new elements. At the same time I try to rediscover old elements in ways previously unnoticed. When a person views a tree, for example, they see the obvious: green leaves, brown branches and a brown trunk. I enjoy moving closer to the tree and seeing it from new angles. Perhaps viewing the trees from underneath, looking towards the sky. Or maybe examining the bark on the tree and seeing what it represents to me. Ultimately finding out how I can create this normally ignored subject into a piece of art.

Secondly, I hope to document my everyday life through photography. Passing on my perception of events that happened in my lifetime to anyone who views my photographs. I hope future generations will be able to understand what life was like for me, growing up in the 20th and 21st centuries, simply from viewing my photographs.

Lastly, I enjoy taking photographs of family and friends. Not only as portrait, but also candidly, as I believe each style captures different emotions. I feel a portrait shows the inner beauty of any given person, whereas a candid photograph allows the viewer to understand the subject on deeper levels.

Alecia! Well done, heh I knew this would come out well and youve proven me right.
Must say I LOVE the high key images so good job! :hug::

Thanks guys...

Jadin. You are welcome to edit that as much as you want...

However, it will make no difference what so ever as the portfolio has been submitted - theres no turning back now :D

And thankyou Arty sooooooo sooooooo sooooooo much for all your help...

I am sad to say, all the work that went into my portfolio, and they THROW IT OUT once they have looked at it!!!!

Argh. Evil evil tafe.

Once again, thanks guys... Hopefully I will get in. I can't handle being home alone anymore. lol... I won't find out until January 12th. I will update you all then :)

Most reactions

Back