I found a new purpose for a gorrillapod!

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got to the fireworks tonight and noticed that the mounting plate on my Manfrotto tripod was missing. After much grumbling and my wife and I debating whether I could get to the house and back before the fireworks started (and with a "fine, go get it" that clearly meant "fine, go get it and I'll start filling out those divorce papers because I'm so sick of you and that camera"), I gave up.

Then I looked at my gorillapod and was like... hmmmmmm... I wonder.

Sure enough, I managed to wrap that sucker around the head of my tripod and it wound up making an excellent replacement mounting plate. :lmao:

Too bad I totally boned all the fireworks pictures. :mrgreen: (it's not that bad, but they're nowhere near what I was hoping for because I made a critical mistake)

Anyway... gorillapod... the new mounting plate for your manfrotto tripod! Now available in stores! <chuckle>

Necessity, the mother of all inventions.

Good thought about using a gorillapod in that manner and I am sure the pics came out better than you say. We're all our own worst critics at times.

Smart move on not pushing it with the wife. My lady and I often chuckle about my "obsessions" (hobbies to you and I).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back