I found a new purpose for a gorrillapod!

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by manaheim, Jun 21, 2008.

1. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Got to the fireworks tonight and noticed that the mounting plate on my Manfrotto tripod was missing. After much grumbling and my wife and I debating whether I could get to the house and back before the fireworks started (and with a "fine, go get it" that clearly meant "fine, go get it and I'll start filling out those divorce papers because I'm so sick of you and that camera"), I gave up.

Then I looked at my gorillapod and was like... hmmmmmm... I wonder.

Sure enough, I managed to wrap that sucker around the head of my tripod and it wound up making an excellent replacement mounting plate. :lmao:

Too bad I totally boned all the fireworks pictures. :mrgreen: (it's not that bad, but they're nowhere near what I was hoping for because I made a critical mistake)

Anyway... gorillapod... the new mounting plate for your manfrotto tripod! Now available in stores! <chuckle>

2. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Awesome idea! A shame about the pics though.

3. JerryPH

JerryPH No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Necessity, the mother of all inventions.

Good thought about using a gorillapod in that manner and I am sure the pics came out better than you say. We're all our own worst critics at times.

Smart move on not pushing it with the wife. My lady and I often chuckle about my "obsessions" (hobbies to you and I).