I give up...

That is a derogatory term? Wow. It's almost spelled the same as Polish and all it means is pole. I'm Ukrainian and never knew that. Hmmm... weird. Sorry bout that. No harm intended.

(I just read up on history of the word. I will not be using it anymore ;) )

btw... just blast heavy metal and any hipsters will move out next week.

609.x231.cover.jpg

Look in the top right^^^

Last edited:
I ive around a bunch of russians and my neighborhood is pretty nice. quit. Not so many yuppies. But thats what I get living so close to Coney Island. (well kind of. I live right where the Prospect Expy turns into Ocean Parkway.\) lol.

I ive around a bunch of russians and my neighborhood is pretty nice. quit. Not so many yuppies. But thats what I get living so close to Coney Island. (well kind of. I live right where the Prospect Expy turns into Ocean Parkway.\) lol.
Well I rather live with russians than yuppies lol

so greenpoint is an up and coming area too? the same thing is being said of Kensington (where I live).

so greenpoint is an up and coming area too? the same thing is being said of Kensington (where I live).

Kensington "up and coming" is completely different than Greenpoint "up and coming".

It's a night and day comparison. Greenpoint is a 5 min drive from manhattan, next to hipster/yuppie williamsburg. Isn't Kensington way out in LI?

No way. Kensington is right next to Prospect Park. And we too are pretty close to Manhattan. just a hop, skip, jump away from the battery tunnel.

No way. Kensington is right next to Prospect Park. And we too are pretty close to Manhattan. just a hop, skip, jump away from the battery tunnel.

Oh... haha... there's also one in LI, near great neck. Your right near windsor terrace right (I lived in Park Slope for 6 years, you'd think I would know this?) That def is up and coming, but you get more reserved yuppies looking to raise children (park slope run-off) than annoying hipsters trying to prove their "struggling artist" personae. I like kensington/windsor park area and almost lived there.

...than annoying hipsters trying to prove their "struggling artist" personae.
Just like my neighbor from downstairs always has a easel with some crappy painting on it that you see through the window :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back