I give you the bird

nikon90s

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was an overcast day and I had my sigma 70-200mm f2.8 with a 2x on my d70. What do you think

29837842.jpg

Bingo! Excellent use of telephoto. You also had terrific lighting conditions, the overcast day helps keep the light even. Wonderful composition! I don't think the blade of gass is an image-killer, although it is a tad distracting. But it's so soft you can look right through it and still see detail of the bird, so it's just not bothering me all that much.

Nce job! :)

Both may be of the same bird, but each one seems to have a story of its own. In the first one, the bird looks furtive, like it would want to hide - or fly away, if that is not possible. Which is why I think the blade of grass goes well with this aspect of the story.

In the second, the bird looks self-assured and is happily singing. No blade of grass needed HERE to protect it, shield it, hide it.

So both are fine with me and I feel envious for I'd love to be able to take a photo like that one day, too. I've never so far succeeded, even though I use an up to 300mm zoom lense...

Oh, I like this one, too! Two different poses, one little songbird. :D I like them both - good work!

LaFoto said:
In the first one, the bird looks furtive, like it would want to hide - or fly away, if that is not possible. Which is why I think the blade of grass goes well with this aspect of the story.

In the second, the bird looks self-assured and is happily singing. No blade of grass needed HERE to protect it, shield it, hide it.

Very interresting observations, there, LaFoto. I enjoyed your interpretation.

LaFoto said:
Both may be of the same bird, but each one seems to have a story of its own. In the first one, the bird looks furtive, like it would want to hide - or fly away, if that is not possible. Which is why I think the blade of grass goes well with this aspect of the story.

Thanks that is what I was thinking but could not get it from the back of my mind, where all the years of math have found a home, to the key board.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back