I got a new lens today

Shutterinsect

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.4G on recommendation from a friend of mine. I nearly didn't buy it due to the price price, but once I tried it out at the camera store, I could not resist!:heart:

The Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.4G on recommendation from a friend of mine. I nearly didn't buy it due to the price price, but once I tried it out at the camera store, I could not resist!:heart:
Congrats from what I have heard its a really great lens.

That's what I heard from friend, plus the guy at the camera store was very knowledgable. I'm a complete n0ob with DSLR, only shot with a Pentax Asahi k1000 with the lens it came with and my old Canon compact digital before.

The aperture on my new lens is huge compared to my kit nikkor and my cheap nikkor telephoto...it's much heavier, too.

Store guy said once I get used to it, I will hardly touch my other lenses.

That's what I heard from friend, plus the guy at the camera store was very knowledgable. I'm a complete n0ob with DSLR, only shot with a Pentax Asahi k1000 with the lens it came with and my old Canon compact digital before.

The aperture on my new lens is huge compared to my kit nikkor and my cheap nikkor telephoto...it's much heavier, too.

Store guy said once I get used to it, I will hardly touch my other lenses.

I would say that the store guy is right.

Congrats on your purchase. I'm waiting for a few customers to pay me and then I'm back to the camera store to buy the exact same lens. The guy threw it on a D60 for me and let me take a few shots inside the store(which was poorly lit by the way). I fell in love:)

I know, eh?

The weather was wretched today, dark, pouring rain/snow etc. He said my not-so-good lenses would have a hard time with the conditions, but my new lens wouldn't even need a flash etc.

I'm probably going snowshoeing tomorrow, gonna give the new lens a test run outdoors!

very cool. that is one is at the top of my list.

woah! another vancouverite! where'd you get it from!?!

Broadway Camera!

First time I've been there...it's freaking awesome! The guy answered all my Stupid No0b questions, was very patient and when I nearly didn't buy the lens he wasn't mad even though they had set it aside for me on Friday. He got me to shoot a photo of him with my cheapo 55-200 lens, then put the nice one on and had me shoot the same picture. I was sold. :p

He noticed the ISO on my cam was cranked way too high, too (chick at Black's must have done that) and put it back down to 200 cause I was beyatching I took some photos a couple days ago that looked like poo...

Like I said, top-notch service.

Broadway Camera!

First time I've been there...it's freaking awesome! The guy answered all my Stupid No0b questions, was very patient and when I nearly didn't buy the lens he wasn't mad even though they had set it aside for me on Friday. He got me to shoot a photo of him with my cheapo 55-200 lens, then put the nice one on and had me shoot the same picture. I was sold. :p

He noticed the ISO on my cam was cranked way too high, too (chick at Black's must have done that) and put it back down to 200 cause I was beyatching I took some photos a couple days ago that looked like poo...

Like I said, top-notch service.

right on. i've heard really good stuff about them. what did they sell it for?

Congrats!! I also just got a 50mm, mine is a f/1.8 though, but I still love it. Great lens, happy snapping with it!

Congrats! I'm sure you'll have a blast with it.

Most reactions

Back