I got a new toy today!

McQueen278

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
EOS 1N

EOS1N.jpg

We'll see how the first batch of pictures come out, but I really like the way this tank handles and it is going to be perfect as my new backup body!

Oh and that's the PB-E2 Power booster, not just a battery pack. It's also the newest version which is made for the 1V HS. The old version (PB-E1) made this a 6fps camera, this one makes the 1V a 10fps monster. I don't know if this one is still limited at 6fps by the body or if it gets the full 10fps. Either way, 6fps which is pretty freakin good!

Congrats...

So you have a 1N with a the 1V's PB-E2. I have a 1V with the 1N's PB-E1. Care to swap PB's to get the right versions attached to the right bodies... :boogie: :lol:

The PB-E2 on a 1V with NP-E2 battery cartridge will yield 10 frames per second. The PB-E2 on a 1V with AA's battery cartridge will result in about 6 frames per second. The PB-E2 on a 1N with AA or NiCad battery cartridges will result in 6 fps. PB-E2 on a EOS 3 gets 7 using the NiCad cartridge. The PB-E1 on a 1V gets 7 fps. I also have the regular battery grip so I can leave the PB at home if I rather have something lighter weight.

At 6 to 10 fps it really doesn't matter much in my opinion... a roll film doesn't last long

At 6 to 10 fps it really doesn't matter much in my opinion... a roll film doesn't last long

More truthful words have not been spoken. This little beauty has a blisteringly fast shutter. Too bad they never made a bulk film back like Nikon did with their F4.

Well the first roll of color 800 and BW 400 will be done tomorrow. I'll post up some examples after work. I've got a good feeling about them!

Looks nice! You gotta keeper!

So how does it feel compared to the 40D ignoring the obvious difference of film versus digital?

For a while, I had a 1v and the 30D (3.2mp). Then traded to a 10D. I missed the handling and metering of the 1v so much I ended up skipping up to a used 1dmarkII. The 1v's AF (45 points) works so well that I swear it can read my mind and know my intentions. Careful, you might do the same.. :lol:

I've already started!!! I was thinking about another 40D or a 5D when the newer version comes out, but now I am really thinking about going the 1Ds mkII route. I've seen NOS MkII's on adorama for $2,400ish. That is one heck of a deal.

Correction, it was a Mk I and it was $2,700. Still, it is tempting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back