I got cash for this?!?

hey you never know what people will buy. I have sold quite a few of this pic

2springs.jpg

Don't really know why, but people buy it. I only took it as part of a contest on another photoboard where the theme was "2". I gave it no thought it was just a snapshot.

I have come to realize that perhaps that is the beauty of it. When we don't over think things and just shoot stuff, perhaps that is when the real art comes out.

BTW I like those pics you took :)

Great stuff Mentos. I really like the first shot. Congrats on the sale too.

a friend of mine asked if he could have a photograph i took printed large size for him to keep. It's a really boring photo but he seems to like it a lot for some reason. i didn't want to give him a copy to be honest because i didnt like it myself

I won't lie. I'd really like that first one hanging one my wall if it was tinted like the second one.... both are great shots, but the first one stands out more to me because of the absence of a "recognizable face".

I agree. I like the shots, but not really liking the treatments. oh well. The client is always right, right?

Beats me man, I wouldn't want that on my wall either. Some people see things in a different way than others. It's like this girl that wanted shots of Springfield, MO of all places, to send to her sister for Christmas, I don't get it this place sucks.

thanks for your comments :) now I see that there are a few people who like those pics and a few who don't. this is art... after all so all your comments appreciated :) thanks :)

I really like the first one but don't understand why the customer would want the second one on their wall - blown up none the less! That's only because there are two recognizable faces in the picture... but the first is great, I like the simplicity of it.... you get a feel for the place. Nice job on the toning as well.

Mentos these are not my favorites from your work but they are nice. Congratulations on the sale! I understand how you feel as I have had other people really like some of my stuff that I considered trash. Oh well we like what we like! : ) Thanks for the link!!! : )

hey Mentos
ya agree with alot of ppl there but u know wat....they r not bad.....when ur shooting for someone else u gotta find out his taste...his guy wanted something very simple for his room i guess.....i myself might have bought it but i am a photographer myself......lol......
i'd love to try n shoot something similar..
thx for sharing....

oh gosh... I've never seen such different opinions in this forum!!!! :D:D:D

Most reactions

Back