I got it !

I have a friend in Vancouver that spent time in Australia on a work visa.

Luminosity said:
Was your friend on the one-year working holiday visa Walt ?

I believe he was. As a matter of fact he was there because he had a girlfriend in Sydney! Let me know if you would like me to get details on what hurdles he had to jump through.

Would love to get some info !

J and I are tossing around the idea of him following me back to Aus after my one year visa is up in Canada.
We were lookin at the Aus immigration site today, in the 'sponsorship' section. If you sponsor someone ( be it a family member or spouse/fiance/partner etc ) you pretty much have to sign a paper sayin you are willing to be responsible for that person financially / accommodation wise etc for two years ( in Aus at least ). The government pretty much just wanna absolve responsibility of having to financially support that person should they spend any time unemployed in the country in those first two years ( which is fair enough ).
We're just gonna see what happens and decide what to do once I get to Toronto.

I'll give him a shout the next day or two (He's working nights tonight) and get the rundown.

Walt said:
I believe he was. As a matter of fact he was there because he had a girlfriend in Sydney! Let me know if you would like me to get details on what hurdles he had to jump through.

Sean adn I would love the same info, Walt. In fact, thats what we are looking into right now as Sean wants to move here in September. Its becoming quite the battle trying to figure out what the hell we need to do.
heartpump.gif
heartpump.gif

I've only ever heard him refer to it as a work visa. The folks at the Consulate should be able to help out with this.

No sweat. What part of town are you in?

Nice spot of town. Sharp contrast to where I work. (DTES)

Most reactions

Back