I got mad..

Sweetsomedays

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw the photographs the pro photographer took at the same horse show I attended. The photog had the benefit of being in the arena, using a prime lens(I am pretty sure) and a flash. The pics were blurry and the color was so poor . She got payed who knows how much to be there AND whatever she makes off her prints and publications. It's not fair!

I saw the photographs the pro photographer took at the same horse show I attended. The photog had the benefit of being in the arena, using a prime lens(I am pretty sure) and a flash. The pics were blurry and the color was so poor . She got payed who knows how much to be there AND whatever she makes off her prints and publications. It's not fair!

Normally a photographer is hired to do that type of job. This means that the photos he/she takes are the sole property of the person who hired the photographer. Anyways, try to be in the photographers-box next time. If you contact the organizer on forehand you might be able to arrange something or simply get easy/free access.

If you can do better...then show your work to who ever pays the bills. Get in there :D

Hehe, thanks for the nudge folks. I will some day. I have a bit of a commitment holding me back for a few months but after that it's full speed ahead.

Don't get mad. Get even.

Take your better photos and show the "committee" how you would provide a better service and results.

I have to agree with the consensus here, the only reason this person got paid to shoot her pictures is because she asked someone to pay her. If you do not ask you are not allowed to complain.

hopefully the pay or's won't be so stupid next time to accept the payee's work if it comes out less than quality next time

I agree with the general idea here, if you don't ask you wont get the job.

I've shot several photos of horse shows and equestrian contests for money. Horses are dificult to get good photos of, and most people who plan to shoot something like this have to make a plan as to how to do the job, sitting and waiting for "the money shot" is a waste of time....

Don't be afraid to show your work to someone who is planning a contest, who knows.... Next time, the family of the rider, or the person themselves might want to buy a photo or two...

Best of luck.

;)

Welcome to my world.

At the last show, I at least had the satisfaction of making the official photographer nervous...:sexywink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back