Photos OK to edit
And shot these.....

f/4
2522494351_5535a7be40.jpg

f/1.4
2523312068_5bda60ec29.jpg

f/3.2
2522483579_06c431afd7.jpg

I'm in LOVE with this lens. Cannot wait to save up for a Carl Zeiss 85 f/1.4.

I'm getting to that photographer status. I'm gonna see if I can take portraiture classes over the summer. School's out on Thursday and I don't have school tomorrow!!

not to burst your bubble or anything, but i suggest you slow down and really LEARN the camera and photography itself before dumping thousands of dollars into more lenses

For someone starting out using only primes can be tough. I would get a fast zoom (which are always good to have) and use that for a while then get into primes. An 85 mm makes you stand way far back to do portraits which might be hard for a beginner who isn't used to working with models and such.

The photos are ok some are a tad bit to dark and I like to see more face than the back of their heads.

Don't let these people get you down. You can do whatever you want, just remember it won't make you a better photographer, it will just give you more options. My boss has an $5000 tele lens (500mm f4 Canon L lens), and he's only been shooting for about 2 years. His shots are good and all, but he could get just as good results from a telephoto zoom for a fifth (or maybe even a tenth) of the price.

But if you have the money go for the Zeiss! In the modern workingman's life, we slave away for at least 40 hours a week to make a bunch of money we don't REALLY need. We might as well be able to do something with it, and at least the lens will hold some value.

But I'm sure your model is a beautiful woman and everything, so why not let us see that? Then again, I could never get tired of looking at the eyes of beautiful women :)

I didn't say anything about buying it right away. I only said I can't wait until I have the chance to save for it. I'm nowhere near the age to get a job so it's going to be very difficult for me just to save up to $100. I was lucky to get this lens.

And yeah, I've seen people who have all the money, so they can get whatever they want when they want it. I think through things a lot and sometimes I change my mind. It's just my plan, it's not on the timeline yet.

About the lady, she's my mom, she was fishing so if I wanted her face, I would have gotten a little wet.

I like the first pic, but he's right you should try to improve your photography skills before buying a CZ... (specially those CZ).

Those lenses will not take good pictures, they will improve the picture you may took (I mean, the IQ will be greater with a CZ 85mm F/1.4 than with a 70-300mm at 85mm, however, it will not increase the quality of your composition).

Anyway, congratulations for your new lens :)

Happy to hear you like your lens. It's a nice one.

I really don't like the composition of these. #2 is ok, but the rope is really in the way, and it's too dark.

Keep shooting. The 50 is a fun range to just go play with. Take that along for a day, and absolutely no other lenses. Work on composition and proper exposure. A day with this lens will help you be a better photographer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back