I got roped in...

Awesome advice, guys. Luckily, since she's a friend, I can talk with her pretty openly and she's open to my ideas, etc. I'll have

My fear is being that guy who shoots weddings just for money and not because it's something they enjoy. You know the one. Doesn't really care, jaded, just there to collect a paycheck.

Would being a second shooter for someone be worth it? I mean I REALLY want this to come out well. I don't want to mess up one of the most important days of someone's life.

Gary, the Mamiya will be coming along because that's a thing I do.

Awesome advice, guys. Luckily, since she's a friend, I can talk with her pretty openly and she's open to my ideas, etc. I'll have

My fear is being that guy who shoots weddings just for money and not because it's something they enjoy. You know the one. Doesn't really care, jaded, just there to collect a paycheck.

Would being a second shooter for someone be worth it? I mean I REALLY want this to come out well. I don't want to mess up one of the most important days of someone's life.

you will know after one wedding most likely whether you want to do it again or not. its usualy a love it or hate it thing, if your not going in all the way with them why bother, it will show in your work

If you got "roped in", the you're not in control of your business. If you're not in control of your business, you shouldn't be in business. Don't fret, though, because if you're not in control of your business, you won't be in business for long.

If you got "roped in", the you're not in control of your business. If you're not in control of your business, you shouldn't be in business. Don't fret, though, because if you're not in control of your business, you won't be in business for long.

I dunno. Yes, I got roped into weddings by a friend, but that doesn't mean I am going to stop focusing on what I actually know how to do, enjoy most (most people look at me and say that's the most boring thing I've ever heard, but dammit I like it), and what makes me enough money to live on. It also doesn't mean I'm going to fail miserably-if I just specialized in weddings and portraits, I'd fail pretty fast. There's a LOT of competition around here in that.

I would definitely work like MAD to find a wedding photographer or two that would let me come second shoot for them a few times.

Other than that, I'd spend a TON of time working on portraits, lighting, and posing with as many people as I could find to stand still long enough for me to take pictures. And, I'd do what everyone else on here said too...I'd also find someone that could help me out that day...an assistant to carry stuff, corral people, adjust lights, etc.

But that's just me...Best of luck!

Most reactions

Back