I got....

Matty-Bass

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A DIGITAL REBEL XT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Man I'm actually overwhelmed I'm so happy! I'll have pics on here just as fast as you can say

Matty-Bass, thank you for finally getting the camera and stop posting you're getting one in every thread! ;)

I got it with the Canon EF 18-55 mm kit lens. It's fairly wide angle, which isn't bad. I like more closeups, but thats later in the new year (macro, possibly) :mrgreen:

Now I won't post whore around here.....

Ok maybe I will, but they'll have pics attached :lmao:. Cheers!

Oh, and any advice anyone has for a new Canon EOS 350d user??

woodsac said:
Learn what all the features are!

Congrats :thumbup:

What he said. It has so much to offer if you learn all the different features. I still need to try out some fo the custom functions!

Matty-Bass said:
Oh, and any advice anyone has for a new Canon EOS 350d user??

Nope. Sorry. You and I are on the same path of only just learning how to use it! I got mine on 22 December... so I am a newbie to it, too.
Congratulations on yours!

Our German TV ad for the EOS 350D says "Komm spielen!" which means "Come play!"
That is what I am doing! ;) :D :lol:

Edit: Oops, only now I am reading Xmetal's advice which sounds so the contrary to what I am saying here, and well... I play with motifs and DOF and all that... I am just having fun using my "Rebel" ;).

darin3200 said:
Congrats, I now feel like the only person alive without and XT, 20D, D70 or D50 :)

nope... I am without them too :D

thanks for the tips! I've skimmed the whole manual, figured out what a lot of stuff does, now it's a matter of playing around with the settings. I've got a few pictures I'll upload but I'm not satisfied with them. They are just attempts to play with different settings.

Man I love the ability to go black and white on here! :mrgreen:

I'd say get out there and shoot away. That's the great thing about digital. You can experiment and practice and mess up and it doesn't really cost you anything. I would recommend looking at the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II. It's a great lens and under $100.

Enjoy your new camera! I love mine!

Matty-Bass said:
thanks for the tips! I've skimmed the whole manual, figured out what a lot of stuff does, now it's a matter of playing around with the settings. I've got a few pictures I'll upload but I'm not satisfied with them. They are just attempts to play with different settings.

Man I love the ability to go black and white on here! :mrgreen:
Hey Matty, if you're shooting b/w out of the camera, try adding an in-camera filter to it. You can add a sepia or red filter. There's others too ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back