The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I gotta say that between rampant egos, posturing, sniping and just unpleasantness, this business about the Critique Forum has really cast a damper on my enthusiasm for engaging in this Forum.

Lew

...but you are still here and doing it, which I suspect is the important thing. I think it's perhaps a bit like staying on the wagon, one day at a time. I'm sure your enthusiasm will return over time and this will be that statistical blip everyone keeps going on about... ;)

Well, the phase of change is always a bit unpleasant, and it takes some time before normality returns. I guess/hope in a couple of weeks/months most people will be happy again.

There's a fine line between enthusiasm and passion!

I would say don't let it get to you and just allow people who feel strongly about these things voice their opinions.

It's also quite easy for anyone to misunderstand a new, different concept or to impliment something that for whatever reason doen't work. Then there are people who just don't like change.

If we were all the same it would be quite boring and stale around here! :)

There are still about 32 other sections free to browse. I quit going to the critique section becuase art is subjective. If I tell people what I think is wrong with their photograph(s), than i'm telling them what I would have done.

Can't go wrong with the beginners section that's for sure.

As with most issues, there are those who disagree because their rights are infringed or in this case they are offensive. Personally I do not care to be treated as a child who needs to be reminded with an offensive stamp that something is wrong. My position and suggestion is that it be modified to constructive directions. And, I do not understand the word "final" in the context of photography when critiques offer suggestions of changes that can be made with software and computers. Daah! If it is a final product, then a "I like it or I don't like it" comment is in order. Why offer any critiques at all???

Then there are those need to live and work under the threat of a hammer, ie the stamp. And others who just don't give a hoot!

As to egos, it's usually those in powers who have the egos.

Is it just me or is anyone else getting bored with all these threads about the critique forum?

Either use the forum or don't.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back