I guess I'll be the first to point out that...

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!

This weekend will be RAMMED full of picture taking madness. Two different clubs tonight, although, nothing really artistic about those. Press shoot on Saturday. Birthday with a bunch of hot ladies on Saturday night. Sunday another press shoot...maybe. Depends how Saturday goes.

Hope you all have an amazing weekend....not that I'm going anywhere right now or anything.

Also: $60(Can.) for a 1gig Sandisk Compact Flash Card, is that good price?

bace said:
IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!

This weekend will be RAMMED full of picture taking madness. Two different clubs tonight, although, nothing really artistic about those. Press shoot on Saturday. Birthday with a bunch of hot ladies on Saturday night. Sunday another press shoot...maybe. Depends how Saturday goes.

Hope you all have an amazing weekend....not that I'm going anywhere right now or anything.

Also: $60(Can.) for a 1gig Sandisk Compact Flash Card, is that good price?

I believe I paid around $80 US for mine. (sorry, too lazy to figure out the conversion!)

It means I'm getting mine for almost half the price of yours.

:mrgreen:

:::runs:::

bace said:
$60(Can.) for a 1gig Sandisk Compact Flash Card, is that good price?

Yep, seems very good compared to what I see some places charge. Where did you find it at that price?

bace said:
It means I'm getting mine for almost half the price of yours.

:mrgreen:

:::runs:::

Where from? I haven't looked at prices on cards lately, maybe they went down in price, even. That was more than a year ago.

Site doesn't seem to be working right now. It's not the link.

Looks like a good price. Are you close to any of those stores?

I see that the shipping is free, but there is a $10 'handling' charge.

thank god, i cant wait for this day to be over and the weekend to be here

Big Mike said:
Looks like a good price. Are you close to any of those stores?

I see that the shipping is free, but there is a $10 'handling' charge.

Yeah, 10 minutes subway/streetcar ride away. For the sake of convenience I just checked a "Blacks" photography store near my work. Can you believe they're selling the same card for $129. Like, I can't believe they can get away with that. That's literally theft isn't it?

If anyone wants me to buy one for them and stick in letter for the price of a stamp I can. If you got pay pal.

I've found that most photo & electronics stores keep their prices high on this kind of stuff. They really stick it to the casual shopper or anyone who comes to buy a camera and doesn't know much about the accessories. Camera prices are more competitive....so they have to cash in on something.

At Future Shop, I don't think I've seen a 512 CF card for less than $100...and the 1GB cards are $140-$180.

Of course they do put them on sale or Mfr. Rebate...so that it looks good in the flyer.

I've bought almost all of my cards when they came with a manufacturer's rebate. I did get screwed on a Kingston I bought from Black's though. With rebate, a 512 was less than $50 (last year)...I bought two and sent in the rebate form. The said "only one rebate per household"...jerks.

My Dad was telling me they have them in Costco for real cheap too.

Don't know if they have any of those in Edmonton?

Ya...we have three or four Costco stores here. I've looked at the cards they have. Usually the prices are pretty good. Probably the most consistently low prices...but still not as good as the sale prices with rebate.

Most reactions

Back