I guess it's time to buy some more film...

JonA_CT

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So awhile ago, my mother-in-law was cleaning out her house before she moved, and she gave me a couple of film cameras. I was interested in them, but couldn't really figure them out. Fast-forward a year, when I've been spending more time on photography, and more time on this forum, and I realized I might have something useful in my hands...

isolette.jpg

It seems like everything is working as it should. I've been searching for a manual for it, and I probably have a lot of questions...but I'm pretty excited to buy some film and see what medium format is like.

Nice little camera there. Yea!!! :clap: Buy more film!!!

Oh, and try Mike Butkus' site. edit - Posted an old link, try this to find your Agfa - he has everything.

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/agfa.htm

(I give up, :048: keeps showing an old site and redirecting, maybe someone else can help.)

Last edited:
Excellent camera - Vario shutter will restrict your shutter speeds but 1/200 is fine with 200ASA film this time of year.

Last edited:
Mmmmm. Film large enough to serve bacon on.............

I have a Isolette 2. Great camera. Sharp pics when you focus correctly.

I had the hand-me-down 35mm version of that Agfa. Great little camera. I don't know if it is the same, but on mine the shutter-speed and aperture would lock together so you could change them in unison like todays Program Mode.

I had the hand-me-down 35mm version of that Agfa. Great little camera. I don't know if it is the same, but on mine the shutter-speed and aperture would lock together so you could change them in unison like todays Program Mode.
That would be with either a Compur or Prontor shutter. The Vario shutter is much simpler.

Nice little camera there. Yea!!! :clap: Buy more film!!!

Oh, and try Mike Butkus' site. edit - Posted an old link, try this to find your Agfa - he has everything.

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/agfa.htm

(I give up, :048: keeps showing an old site and redirecting, maybe someone else can help.)

I figured it out! Thanks for the suggestion. He doesn't have the Isolette 1 manual, but there is a lot of other great information.

Excellent camera - Vario shutter will restrict your shutter speeds but 1/200 is fine with 200ASA film this time of year.

I typically don't have problems with needing a faster shutter speed for film, haha. Must just be the way that I shoot though.

Mmmmm. Film large enough to serve bacon on.............

Seems like an awfully expensive plate...

That'll be the trick. It doesn't appear like I have anything other than focus markings to help me on this camera.

The bellows look in good shape ... which is good ... no light leakage.
I would shine a light in it while in the dark to be sure.

Will do!

Thanks everyone!

That'll be the trick. It doesn't appear like I have anything other than focus markings to help me on this camera.
I use the fact that I am almost exactly 2 metres tall - I imagine myself lying on the ground repeatedly between my feet and the subject: times 2 is the distance in metres. If you use F/5.6 or smaller, the error will be negligible.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back