I had fun today..

mostly sunny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Playing with my camera. For the while I am going to stick to chapter three of the book I have which is controlling exposure and focus.

I shot mostly in Manual and AV. I think at this point I like Manual better.

This was the last picture I took. Love this! It's a piece of the Berlin Wall. I had trouble taking it. I was getting a spot in the frame because of the sun. So, for most of the pictures I took at an angle. But what I really wanted was a picture with me right in front of it. The spot was a reflection of the sun on my lens. So, I put my hand on the left side of the lens.. The spot went away..

So, if you will.. C & C please.

133.jpg

#2- Whatcha think of this one?
094.jpg

#3-- I managed to go from this- to that--

087.jpg

092.jpg

try not centering your subject so much, it loses its artistic value when centered IMO, also the rest seem to be a bit underexposed (not 1).

Try not to center so much.. Not enough light.. Working on that.

*I hate the lens I used. With it and the camera my hand was tired. It is REALLY heavy with the two of them together. I didn't take the other lens.. For this practice, I wanted to limit myself.

your photos have improved a LOT :p good to see you're having fun.

the christmas tree's the best out of the batch. but it seems to me that your indoor photos are blurry and soft. you're shooting at shutter speeds under 1/60... 1/60 is generally the speed where camera shake is noticable. you either wanna up your ISO so you can shoot at a higher speed, open up your aperture, or use a flash. another rule that people go by is that your shutter speed should be greater than or equal to the focal length you're working with. if your focal length is 100mm, your shutter should be at least 1/100.

:p good job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back