I had my first payed gig today...

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
I hope these are good enough. This is a brass quintet from my school, and they needed promotional shots, so they asked me. I also shot a bunch on film, but don't have that developed.

stepssmallforum.jpg

Glowsmallforum.jpg

Diagonalsmallforum.jpg

Facesjpeg.jpg

:)

I like the first one but her nose is alittle light here too... also the same girl you might want to darken under her legs...kinda looks like her butts hanging out.
the second looks ok, but it throws me off with one guy looking up...
I like the 3rd but the second guy from the top, i though he was wearing a hat... maybe its just me but i keep getting drawn back to that.
and the last one just looks like some floating heads to me...
but all in all they dont look too bad. just little things

Joe, great job! I like all of them. If I had to narrow, though, it would be between 1 and 3.

I agree with whoever it was that said you can see up her skirt in 1, so I would fix that in PS, and the only real problem I have with 3 is that you can only barely see the tip of the instrument with the second from the top.

Other than that, I really like 'em! I can't wait to see the film versions!!

See you sunday (yea?)!

jocose said:
Joe, great job! I like all of them. If I had to narrow, though, it would be between 1 and 3.

I agree with whoever it was that said you can see up her skirt in 1, so I would fix that in PS, and the only real problem I have with 3 is that you can only barely see the tip of the instrument with the second from the top.

Other than that, I really like 'em! I can't wait to see the film versions!!

See you sunday (yea?)!

I agree...I was noticing that earlier when I was trying to figure out what everyone played! :lol:

core_17 said:
I agree...I was noticing that earlier when I was trying to figure out what everyone played! :lol:

Well, I'm glad I double-checked cuz first I wrote "and I don't see an instrument (unless I'm an idiot)" Who knows how THAT would have turned out if I had posted that :lmao:

Thanks everyone! I certainly cleaned up the...errr...crotchal regions before I gave them the images. And thanks, df3, for the honest critique. I'm always looking to get better :)

I should be getting the film developed this evening, and will have those up withing a day or two. THanks again!

nice job joe!

for promotional shots, I personally think that number 1 is the best. by far. number 2 and 4 don't really show enough, and number 3 is good but not nearly as good compositionally as the first one. the expressions in the first are wonderful, and it looks quite professional. IMO if you touch that one up a bit, it would work perfectly.

Most reactions

Back