I had to do the hardest thing last night

I gotta move on though, there isn't anything I can do now. I said I didn't want have another pet but we been thinking about getting another cat. I just don't know if I can do it again.

That is totally understandable. It's too soon, and you get to take as much time as you need to think about Ziva, grieve for her and miss her. But...after awhile, thinking about getting another cat might take up more of your thoughts than missing Ziva. You will always miss Ziva; there was only one Ziva! And there are so many, so many, wonderful little cats out there in desperate need of a family. Sounds like you might be the perfect one to give another animal a terrific, happy life. Whenever you're ready, there is someone special waiting! :)

I was doing some research about the breeder we adopted Ziva from and she has a lot of complaints. Pretty much every cat didn't survive longer than 5 years. Its unfortunate someone like that gets to continue to breed cats with medical issues. It was our mistake for not doing research about it in the first time, but when I saw pictures of her as a kitten, I wanted her so bad. I knew she was going to be a beautiful cat so I didn't think about the bloodline.

She had a great life though, everyone loved her even the squirrels did by teasing her through the window.

I just don't know if I can do it again.
That's what my wife and I said when we lost Thelma, our rescue dog. And then we got Roxy within, I think, two weeks. Coming home to a house without a wagging tail was too hard for us.

@ Wade: aww.... :586:

Sometimes the best way to help grief is to plunge right in with caring for someone new. They keep you busy, don't they? :)

What a difficult situation to be in. There are no words appropriate for the loss of a friend. Lots of love and light your way.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Sorry for your lose,I know the feeling. It is never easy to let go, but it is the most humane thing to do is to put them down peacefully when there is no hope and just pain.

I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to say goodbye to a beloved pet.

Very sorry to hear. I was a mess when I had to put down my 19 year old cat Jackie several years ago.

Most reactions

Back