I had to tell you guys this...

fadingaway1986

I Burn Easily :(
Reaction score
Website
www.06photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
... Today I was driving home from work...

And a Kangaroo jumped in front of me!!! Okay - it was a few metres away, so I could stop in time and all was good. But I was like oooh - a Kangaroo!

And then - it jumped off into some nearby streets -- away from the forest.

This was about two streets away from my house. Only part of that road borders on the forest now - it used to be completely forest but they chopped it down and started building houses...

And i was there going "hmm. did that really just happen?"

Yup - just thought I'd tell ya's!!!

WOW!!! Now that's awesome!
The non-aussies here probably think that happens to us all the time. but no way. That's really cool. I see waaay more dead roos than live ones up here - which is a shame. Most of em are road kill on the highways.

Weird thing happened to me the first weekend I was back in the coutry, I saw 5 kangaroos in one afternoon! Live ones! I almost fell over at how many I saw. And I was just driving through the outer suburbs of Townsville.

We used to get a lot of cassowaries up here, but unfortunately housing developments are cutting into the rainforest on the hills and so they're running out of space. The huge beasts used to just walk through backyards and streets!!
I don't think I've seen a cassowary for about 8 years now which is a shame. I think they're the most amazing animals, along with huuuge kangaroos. They just look so prehistoric.

Yeah it was cool.

When we were little, we used to walk through the forest to go to the shops (which were obviously on the other side of the forest)

And oneday we were with mum, and there were these guys in the forest, so she grabbed us and kept still. and the next thing a kangaroo jumped in front of us and scared the **** out of her.. hehe... apparently she said to my brother "can you smell that?"

Unfortunately they are developing all the land near us, which used to be a forest.

I dunno if anyone has heard of it, but we are in collingwood park, near where they are building the collingwood park estate (it seems to be all over the radio)

but they pulled out all the forest :(

I was very upset when they started

Funny you should mention your experience...A mate of mine was travelling to QLD and hit a Roo at 120km/h...

2.jpg

aww. poor kangaroo. I wouldn't be able to live with myself for killing one. I would rather hit a person.

Sorry: edit: I'm in a bit of a morbid mood. couldn't help myself

WHAT? a person!? roos are a pest now... there's so many of the damn things.

But people forget how bloody big they are! And they'll stop you with a pretty hefty thud!
That car looks like it took a little bit of a dint there Ian. Hope the guy's alright!

But you see us qld'ers put the roos there to stop you southerners from coming up and stealing all our sunshine. hehehe. ;-)

But thankfully, I've never hit anything bigger than a canetoad or a pigeon.

people are bigger pests than roos.

I hate people. people are just dumb. I wanna be a cat...

... with cool eyes.

and be able to run around naked all day. and be all fluffy.... and not be embarrased by it.

and I could eat off the floor and no one would care. and i wouldnt have to work. Or care about anything.

I could sleep all day...

and life would be perfect..

hmm

Meysha said:
But people forget how bloody big they are! And they'll stop you with a pretty hefty thud!
That car looks like it took a little bit of a dint there Ian. Hope the guy's alright!

Bit more than a small dint! It scared the sh!t out of his girlfriend but they walked away unscathed. :)

:lol: :lmao:
hahahaha!! That is the funniest thing I've read in ages!

fadingaway1986 said:
people are bigger pests than roos.

I hate people. people are just dumb. I wanna be a cat...

... with cool eyes.

and be able to run around naked all day. and be all fluffy.... and not be embarrased by it.

and I could eat off the floor and no one would care. and i wouldnt have to work. Or care about anything.

I could sleep all day...

and life would be perfect..

hmm

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: INDEED!!! humans suck!!

hahaha you sure you haven't turned into a cat already? I thought cats thought the world was their oyster?

Hahahha! yes stupid tv.

But my boyfriend works for totally wild.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back