I Hate Taxes

Scott...I'm with ya on hating taxes...did mine yesterday, too, and I'd LOVE to trade you places. $156 is chump change compared to what I owe.

Yeah, I got a good refund from federal but had to pay MN tax to the tune of $446 because I sold a house within 2 years of the purchase. No NH state taxes so that's good :mrgreen:

i'll trade with you too scott.... my tax bill was well into 5 figures.... and that does not count decimal point..lol

I think that us Canadians pay a lot more taxes than you Yanks...so quit your complaining :lol:

I actually got back $3200 this year because my fiancé & I are common-law and she transfered her student tax credits to me. Unfortunately that money has to pay off the credit cards and pay for a wedding dress... :roll:

I hate the idea that when your employer suddenly decides to claim you as a sub-contractor instead of an employee, then you have to pay a F***ING self-employment tax!!!!!

Chase said:
Hate the idea that you have to pay extra taxes if you don't live in a house long enough...blah!

Me too :puke: Especially when you figure out what we paid for the realtor we really didn't make any money on it!!!! But, I get to do it again next year for the house I just sold. We are staying in this new condo for at least 2 years and 1 day :p

Taxes are great. I can't wait to pay them. I circle april 15th on every calander i get and count the days down. Today is like Christmas for the MAN. I actually look forward to giving all my hard money away to finance global domination (it's not like it will go someplace that some insignificant poor uneducated person could use it). TAXES ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :puke:
...err this is filled with sarcasism just incase anyone is in the lynching mood. I will miss my money. It was such a good pile.

This year's score was poor for me too!

I partly grew up and worked in this tiny kingdom in the Middle East, called United Arab Emirates - ZERO Taxes on the money you earn!

Yes Taxes suck. I could actually have a life if I didn't pay them. I don't even know what half the deductions on my pay slip are for!

But worse, is the social security in France.
I had to pay twice this year. Just because I'm a uni student and I work... but my work contract wasn't for a whole year!

Taxes suck... But.. I love tax time (July) - because thats when I get my money back! I have paid $1534 in tax this year. Hopefully should get most of that back (and that will be going towards my camera!!!)

Big Mike said:
I think that us Canadians pay a lot more taxes than you Yanks...
Aye, we do. :x :x But in the States everyone does their tax calculations?? I for one can't really be bothered doing it all myself. So I just give it to an accountant for $40 (Canadian). What pisses me off is that the very nice (NOT) tax people at the govn't offices have been selecting MY tax returns for review, for the SECOND YEAR IN A ROW. :x :x

Oh, and I got $500 back this year. :D

we used quicktax this year instead of paying $50CAD or more for each of us. technically, you can do it for free over the internet and stuff if you made less than 25kCAD. i made like 13k gross last year and thats it. im getting back like...at most $500CAD. so even though i didnt make much i think i didnt pay because i made less than 25k. I hate taxes at lot. why should i give the government MY MONEY!? they already get enough (to keep) off my paychecks every week.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back