I Hate Taxes

I got money back as well, from both State and Fed. Less than I was expecting but nevertheless, the money's headed back to where they belong, me! :)

Mitica100 said:
the money's headed back to where they belong, me! :)
Did you mean, Ebay?? ;)

You know what really sucks, I am currently working for H&R Block Taxcut software. I am fielding calls and chats from some of the stupidest people ever to walk the earth. And they are all pissed because they are procrastinators that are mad because they don't understand the Tax system. Of course I am not saying that i do either LOL. Anyways, today blows, I wish I could fast forward my life to tomorrow.

danalec99 said:
Did you mean, Ebay?? ;)

Yep! :lmao: Well, not all of it, anyway... I have a project this summer, to rip the carpet off my floors (I hate carpet) and install either Pergo or refinish the concrete and stain it, whichever is less expensive.

core_17 said:
I hate the idea that when your employer suddenly decides to claim you as a sub-contractor instead of an employee, then you have to pay a F***ING self-employment tax!!!!!

I am in that same boat. being "self employed" really screws you on taxes.

Mmmm....taxes....here's what I find funny after being a military member whose residence was in SC. South Carolina charges you tax on your tax return for the year before....which I don't get why they don't just include that in your previous year's return. To make it worse, they send you a form to list all of the items you bought while out of state so you can pay South Carolina's sales tax on it. Maybe I misunderstand but I thought sales tax was for items bought in the state. Oh, well...they're not going to go anywhere so I might as well get used to it. :D

Dweller said:
I am in that same boat. being "self employed" really screws you on taxes.
I thought being self employed has its own benefits. Phone/car/fuel etc can be considered as expenses for the 'self-employment', right?

hmmm, i must be doing something wrong. i owe 11,456.35 :greenpbl: . im used to it - it's been like that every year since 1998.

My mind was playing tricks on me....
I thought the title said "I hate Texas" :blushing:

biglaugh.gif

Well once again I earned so little that and paid out a bunch of taxes so I get a little over $2000.00 back,... but I owe on my student loan and they kept my income tax as a payment on it! Can't win!:meh:

AlisonPower said:
Me too :puke: Especially when you figure out what we paid for the realtor we really didn't make any money on it!!!! But, I get to do it again next year for the house I just sold. We are staying in this new condo for at least 2 years and 1 day :p

:cheer: After following up with my original thoughts that the realtors fees should have been deducted and some confirmation from a very helpful board member (thanks SWFLA1!) we ended up getting over $2000 in an additional refund (part from the house stuff and part becaue the daycare expenses didn't get added in somehow).

Sooooo :wav:

Good for you Allison!!!!!!! I see new gear in your future... and i'm happy to help...

Bob

Most reactions

Back