I hate them

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anyone else who hates those new packaging trend for small electronic devices, batteries, memory cards, ... ?

Usually it is a very hard shell of transparent plastic, which you can only open by totally destroying the packaging.

I just got myself 2 new CF cards, and it was really hard to get them out of their packaging without destroying the contents, my hands, and probably my apartment's interior.

hahahahaha its our way of getting back at the consumer

hahahahaha its our way of getting back at the consumer

Well, I guess it is all evil conspiracy!

you pay for it, and then you cannot get it out of the packaging! outrageous! :confused:

Next time I will ask people in the shop if they can open it for me :p

Well, I guess it is all evil conspiracy!

you pay for it, and then you cannot get it out of the packaging! outrageous! :confused:

Next time I will ask people in the shop if they can open it for me :p

you should of popped over on a plane and visited my good self in my camera emporium, not only would you of got the cards at a heavily discounted price but you would of got a nice FREE bag to carry them home in, I would of opened them for you and if you'd asked me nicely I would even put the cards in said bag ;)

you should of popped over on a plane and visited my good self in my camera emporium, not only would you of got the cards at a heavily discounted price but you would of got a nice FREE bag to carry them home in, I would of opened them for you and if you'd asked me nicely I would even put the cards in said bag ;)

discount? :cyclops: .. AND a free bag? .. damn... if I had only known earlier!

Options:

- knives
- scissors
- teeth

Whatever......lol

- knives

easily damages the contents

- scissors

scissors get easily damaged

- teeth

uhm :confused:

Options:

- knives
- scissors
- teeth

Whatever......lol

if you want something to hate, try buying a memory card at the WalMart here.

the card (Xd) and case are under 2" x 2", but they put them inside huge plastic cases reportedly to prevent people from stealing them. the last Xd card i bought from there was in a case about 30" tall, and 16" or so wide.

the last time i spoke with a sales rep there, he told me that instead of finding out they have some losses due to theft when they do inventory, they now find the large cases cut open and left on shelves, or hung up between clothing on the racks.

i had to laugh. i just couldnt help it. rather than just locking them in a case, they resorted to using an obscene amount of plastic to package them in. it wasnt only a waste of the time it takes to package them all like that, but its also a big waste of plastic. i wouldbet it took longer for someone to repackage them than it would have taken for them to unlock a case and hand someone a card. i seriously doubt a thief would try to steal something that they had to ask someone to get out of a locked case for them, but i might be wrong.

Now that's customer service right there. I tell ya what... Shoot... if we had more people like you in the states, I'm thinking we could end world hunger.

- scissors

scissors get easily damaged

you really should buy better scissors...:lol:

but I agree, the way they package these things....
10.gif

pascal

you really should buy better scissors...:lol:

or maybe I should operate the scissors in a different way?

I usually put the packaging on a concrete floor and than start to stab it with the scissors like crazy .. most times the scissors break at some point and my hands get sore!

The packaging is a pain - use scissors the find the instructions neatly sliced and if one is trying to be good and recycle - what bin does it belong - plastic or card. Small screws or bolts can be worse - try and open the blister pack without dropping at least one of the contents!

Lol, wasn't serious bout teeth

Most reactions

Back