i have a crisis

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by JonMikal, Nov 29, 2005.

1. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm posting here because i need assistance quickly. Linda was pulling images off her camera and the computer experienced some sorta glitch during the download. before unplugging the camera from the computer, she saw where some of the files were corrupted. after she unplugged the camera from the computer the files apparently disappeared, but the counter still shows the same number prior to starting the download. any ideas? can these files be restored? thanks, Jon

2. woodsac

woodsac TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    There are recovery programs. I use SanDisk Rescue Pro 3.0 It will restore photos even if you have formatted your media card. Not sure if you can purchase it from SanDisk or not? It came with my card.

3. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

thanks Jake. i'll look now.

4. hobbes28

hobbes28 Incredible Supporting Member

I use a program called Active@UNDELETE that I downloaded from Download.com. It's free to try but you can do deep scans to recover things originally thought unretrievable. We pulled images from a card that had been formatted at least once.

5. AIRIC

AIRIC TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I corrupted a whole card when I first got started and rescue pro got all my images back. I downloaded it for something like $40US. I was frantic as it was a prom shoot. Someone gave me a bad card reader at work and it corrupted all the images. The space was still used on the card but the images could not be read. The program really works well.

Good luck. Been there done that.

Eric

6. Calliope

Calliope TPF Noob!

JonMikal followed your suggestions and was able to restore my photos! :hail:

We finally got my entire family together for my Mom's birthday last week (all her kids & grandkids) and these were the photographs. I was devastated thinking I lost them! You guys are lifesavers!! :boogie: Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

7. woodsac

woodsac TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Glad everything worked out :thumbsup: That had to be nerve wracking, wondering if you were gonna get em back or not!?

8. AIRIC

AIRIC TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The second day I had my D-70 I lost over 70 Prom shots for my sister-in-law. I could not believe how well Rescue Pro worked.

Eric