I have a Minolta XG M

Discussion in 'Collector's Corner' started by gtaylor, Feb 16, 2008.

1. gtaylor

gtaylor TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I used this camera only in auto mode years ago. It has 3 quite good lenses, I'm getting ready to go see which ones exactly ;)

I see no need in selling this camera since it won't bring hardly anything.....

I'll just keep it in my collection. I have more than 5 digital cameras, and now that I understand manual settings better as a result , I may just bring it out again and see what happens. I've never had a dark room and am wondering if anyone on this forum still utilizes one.

Thanks

2. jcolman

jcolman TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I've owned three Minolta bodies, the XG-M being the latest which I bought nearly 27 ago. I have four lenses and a motor drive for it as well. I still shoot occasionaly with it. It's a decent little camera. It developed a light leak a few years ago so I had the seals replaced but otherwise it's never let me down.

3. Early

Early TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I understand the XG-M had true metered manual where the X700 didn't. Am I right?

I don't know why Minolta left the latter on the market for so long without upgrading it with the times and letting some fine lenses obsolete.:thumbdown: