I have a Nikon N75 on the way - What Film?

PhotoXopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightartisan.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's been YEARS since i've bought film, what's a decent one to get that's readily available at a place like Wal Mart or something? Not much for camera stores around here other than Ritz.

Sorry if this is a common question, I'll admit I'm feeling lazy :lol:

Also, I was thinking of 400 ISO for my first roll or few since it 'should' be decent for all around shooting, but I don't know this camera yet.

You wanna shoot B&W or color? If B&W, try some Kodak BW400CN. It's a "color" black and white so you can take it to any local drug store lab. It's 400 ISO and takes some pretty nice black and white shots.

As far as color, I wish I could give some advice. Pretty much my last 5-10 years of film experience has been black and white.

Hope that helps a bit.

I never even thought of shooting B&W, that might be a great thing for me to explore while shooting film, thanks!

No prob. You can pick up a 3 pack of BW400CN at walmart for $10!

Oh sweet!

I will definitely be going there tomorrow and picking some up, glad I asked now :)

Thanks again.

I like Fuji Reala and Pro 160S. Kodak Portra 160NC and VC are good too.

I doubt Walmart or a drug store will have those though. If you have a camera store near by, they should have it. If not, B&H or Freestyle...

EDIT
I also keep some of the Kodak BW400CN on hand. Probably (IMO) the best film Walwart has.

Last edited:
Wal-Mart seems to have 24 exposure Fuji ASA 200 eternally on sale at $8 for a box of 4. They process for just under $5.

Last edited:
I'm happier when I either shoot 100 or 400 ISO. 200 never seems to be quite right for anything- could just be me though.

Superia works very well for consumer grade film. Don't be afraid of the 800 being too grainy unless you're retentive that way. ;)

Thanks for all the input, I appreciate all of them and have saved this thread for future reference.

Camera is at my post office waiting for me to pick up when I get off work, woo hoo!

Well I shot a roll of BW400CN through it this afternoon... so weird not knowing what your photos turned out like!

I'll drop it off tomorrow, been a long time since I've had to get film developed :)

My 3 year old and my wife both said "let's see" after I took their pictures.

I showed them the back, they looked disappointed for some reason :lol:

I can see it now...

In a month, you'll be starting threads looking for a good film scanner.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back